RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 38 of 41
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
The Random Thought Thread
All the internet is are peoples opinions on how to fix a prob
Some mechanics never even seen a website before
Maybe its just a pride thing on their part

As a tech I have to say its because we feel like your telling us how to do our job. Any competent mechanic has been around the block and probably knows the problem anyway. Alot of times the internet is right but it also has to be diagnosed to verify that's the problem. What kind of mechanic would I be if I just changed whatever part you told me to because you read it on the internet?

I think, in your position, I would come up with a statement for customers who say they got something from the internet. Something like "Thanks, I'll make sure to check on that but keep in mind that people on the internet are guessing without seeing the vehicle." You don't want to discount what they say because they are the paying customer, but on the other hand, as you say, you can't just replace parts on the word of the internet. Even my own suggestions on repairs, I have no problem with being wrong because I'm making guesses on problems on a vehicle I've never seen.

That's how I handle it. Being polite wins customers. It just complicates things when they want quotes over the phone for something they may not even need, I usually ask of they can drop the car off and let me check it first.

Finally out of that stupid Lincoln! Traded it for a 2006 Corolla 5 speed manual today. Nothing special, although it is an S model. It's just going to be a basic commuter, now that I have a 40 mile one way commute to work. The plan is to drive it 22 years, then junk it. So now, for just this minute, I have a Corolla and a pickup.

Why has this board been so dead lately? Did everyone trade for F150s or something? I mean sure, I bought a Charger but I still have my Silverado.

My self, waited for better weather to start working on things again.

Getting there. 73*F this week-end

I hope people aren't swapping over to the dark side. Found On Road Dead.

peace
Hog

I hope people aren't swapping over to the dark side. Found On Road Dead.

peace
Hog

It is, Hog. It is the Dark Side. That Lincoln's the biggest pile of crap I've owned since my last Ford. There was no such thing as nothing broken on that car, the entire time I had it the thing always had three things broken on it. If I fixed something, the very next day something else would break but if I didn't fix anything nothing would break. The day I fixed two things in the same day, THREE things broke the next day. That's why I ditched it, figured the engine or trans was next because both of them were starting to act funny and I wasn't dropping another cent into that POS.

Why has this board been so dead lately? Did everyone trade for F150s or something? I mean sure, I bought a Charger but I still have my Silverado.

You know, I was thinking the same thing. We are all too busy right now. Spring time!

My truck is getting close to 200,000 miles on it and it is going to need a full service as well as shocks and tires later this summer. That's if I can afford it, I have a daughter getting married in June.

I am busy just keeping my kids cars on the road. Just did a cv shaft in my daughters 01 lesabre today. Doing the other side tomorrow. I'm getting lazy in my old age.

I still check in here a few times a week but I don't post very much as most of you guys are much more advanced than me.

Hope everyone has a good and safe summer. dave

I understand busy but it seems like everyone got busy at once. Been getting dead for a while now.

Iv been moving just bought a newer bigger house been really busy with that. Finally in and getting settled. I don't work on many projects anymore tho

Oooo moving sucks. I may have moved for the last time myself, we're in the trailer on our land on the lake now. 22 more years of working, unless I can hit one of the many get rich lotteries out there (and I don't mean the lottery) that I'm working on. I have 2600 sq feet of house (wanted 600, danged wife) and no garage yet. I guarantee if a tornado picks this place up the next one will be a LOT smaller. Still have to move the rest of our crap from storage, which thankfully is not costing anything since it's a storage shed on a relative's place. I get to store stuff free, she gets the shed when we get it all moved.

Post Equality in laundry 
With all this LGBT equality stuff, how come nobody is demanding that men's and women's shirts aren't all buttoned on the same side?

It's the whole tranny in the bathroom laws that bother me. Before we had no laws covering it, nobody knew and nobody cared who was in the next stall. But then Obama flaps his gums and now any perv can walk into the women's room claiming to be a mental woman and set up for victims in camera-free privacy. Before, anyone who tried this could be busted by the cops, now they can't even be asked unless you want to be sued. Didn't have to care before since trannies for the most part just think they're the wrong sex and aren't necessarily interested in little kids, now anyone with young kids can't let their kids go in the can by themselves. Quite frankly we were talking about such a small segment of the population that no mention was needed, why did they need this "protection" again? Hell, I'm a large, well built (if slightly pudgy thanks to a stellar cook for a wife) normal man and I don't feel comfortable in public restrooms. Got a shy bladder, had a helluva time in the military because of it. Are they going to pass laws requiring all urinals to be fully enclosed with a door instead of those little half-walls so I can feel comfortable taking a leak?

This year's been more crap than good, I'll tell yuh what. I actually got sick in the summer! I don't think I've EVER been sick in the summertime. On the second round of antibiotics now trying to knock it out. On top of that, so much rain... I still don't have a yard out there although I do have crappy grass blown in from elsewhere taking root. About the only good so far this year is I finally got rid of that piece of shit Lincoln.

This year's been more crap than good, I'll tell yuh what. I actually got sick in the summer! I don't think I've EVER been sick in the summertime. On the second round of antibiotics now trying to knock it out. On top of that, so much rain... I still don't have a yard out there although I do have crappy grass blown in from elsewhere taking root. About the only good so far this year is I finally got rid of that piece of !@#$%^&* Lincoln.

but r u as mad as this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfaxs5Nwi0c

Instead of an engine light, shouldn’t they display the obd2 code and the description of the code in the infotainment display?

Wow, the board seems so small since the Members Only board went away.

No, I am not asking for it back.

Reply to topic Page 38 of 41
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next