RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Fuel Pump part #
Post Fuel Pump part # 
I have an opertunity to buy a fuel pump/sender unit module at a great price. I am trying to verify that it is the correct unit for my 95 Tahoe 2dr 4x4 5.7. I checked at one dealer and they said they did not show the GM# 25166179. The AC Delco # is MU-28. Murray's said they did show the AC Delco # for my truck. I would just feel a little more at ease if I could verify the GM #. Does anyone know any place I can check a GM part # on line?

Post Is there a delco # anywhere on the pump/assembly nt 
HOG

The AC Delco # is MU-28. I just spoke with a different dealer. When they looked up the GM # I gave them, they said that this module should work for my Tahoe, but when they bring up parts with my VIN it shows a different number for the pump. Maybe that is only because the pump in the module doesn't show an indivual pump #???? They said modules were not available until 96 and that I have to buy all the parts that are in this module separately.

The AC Delco # is MU-28. I just spoke with a different dealer. When they looked up the GM # I gave them, they said that this module should work for my Tahoe, but when they bring up parts with my VIN it shows a different number for the pump. Maybe that is only because the pump in the module doesn't show an indivual pump #???? They said modules were not available until 96 and that I have to buy all the parts that are in this module separately.

And they would be correct. Forget about the module and just buy the pump and sender unit seperately. I suggest changing them both at the same time btw.

I was under the impression that the 95-99 tahoe/yukon pump modules were all the same. My 95 Yukon has the vortec style pump module with the QD fittings and such...

Checked with seller and dealer again. Dealer shows module for 95 4dr but separate parts for 95 2dr. Bummer. Good thing is I don't need it right now, just planning for the future. I hope it is still a while off before I do need one/both. I'm lucky so far, 182k on original everything.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1