RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Tailpipes gone
Post Tailpipes gone 
For some reason the tailpipes made the exhaust sound raspy. I think the size of the pipe and the sharp bends crated turbulence inside. Anyway, I also had problems with the welds breaking in the back where the two brackets for holding the two tailpipes together are.

I intend on using the axle humps in the tailpipe sections to construct the new tailpipe sections. The new setup will consist of a pair of chambered resonator cans, one passenger side, one driver side under the rear quarters. I want to find 3" in and 2x2.5" out resonators for this.

For now I've got dumps installed on the Magnaflow outlets right in fron of the axle. I welded some extra bend in there to bring the two closer together and make more clearance for the shock and the differential.

I like the sound of this setup better. It is louder inside, but not by much. I have a feeling those 3.5" tips on my tailpipe were projecting the sound outward. On the test drive I did a WOT run under a large nearby bridge and it's actually quieter on the outside now than before. Louder on the inside but much deeper.

I'm goint to be working on installing catalytic converters this weekend too. I modified my stock ones to have 3" inlets and outlets. Those are still in good shape. I hope they quiet things down.

dude thats so ghetto, just run it open headers dammit..

Post Any droning? 
Seems to me like that should have an interior drone. Not bad looking though.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1