RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
custom tune
Post custom tune 
I've seen alot of questions but not alot of answers on what to get with your tune. Especially on the GMT 400.

1997 chev 5.7 1500 2wd
I have a airraid intake, dual exhaust, and a msd ignition and a shift improver kit, stock rearend, electric fans

what are some suggestions to get in a custom tune?

i THINK the guy over at www.wait4meperformance.com does GMT 400 trucks, but i personally had an ed wright tune @ www.fastchip.com and loved it.
I also believe Westers does it as well and Nelson (www.nelsonperformance.com)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Re: custom tune 
Ridinlow wrote:
I've seen alot of questions but not alot of answers on what to get with your tune. Especially on the GMT 400.

1997 chev 5.7 1500 2wd
I have a airraid intake, dual exhaust, and a msd ignition and a shift improver kit, stock rearend, electric fans

bump

Ridinlow wrote:
Ridinlow wrote:

1997 chev 5.7 1500 2wd

bump

If you already have a laptop for a little more you can get Tunercat and program everything they can do!

Recommend getting rid of TC lockup in 3rd gear after the 2-3 upshift...this will keep the rpms up and the engine in the power band. Get rid of Torque management...one of the biggest improvments you will find! Raise shift points, set timing for max mpg and power...all the tuner guys you send it in to will just guess at it and not maximize it in fear it may ping...they really don't like having redueing it over and over....and you know the saying...if you want it done right do it yourself...why not learn how?

Ken

Last edited by Blown383 (Ken) on Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blown383 (Ken) wrote:
Ridinlow wrote:
Ridinlow wrote:

1997 chev 5.7 1500 2wd

bump

If you already have a laptop for a little more you can get Tunercat and program everything they can do!

Recommend getting rid of TC lockup in 3rd gear after the 2-3 upshift...this will keep the rpms up and the engine in the power band. Get rid of Torque management...one of the biggest improvments you will find! Raise shift points, set timing for max mpg and power...all the tuner guys you send it in to will just guess at it and not maximize it in fear it may ping...they really don't like having redueing it over and over....and you know the saying...if you want it done right do it yourself...why not learn how?

Ken
http://www.kctrading.net/sierra

thanks ken

I think I just got duped out of *another* Hypertech from Ebay. Mad I should be able to get my money back with the buyer protection.

So now I think I will forget getting a Hypertech and get a program and do it myself.

I was looking at Tunercat website and they don't list anything for the '96-up Vortec 5.7L. Im thinking this would be a good excuse to buy a laptop computer. Very Happy So how hard is it to use these programs and what would be a good program to use on a 96-00 Vortec 5.7L?

I think I just got duped out of *another* Hypertech from Ebay. Mad I should be able to get my money back with the buyer protection.

So now I think I will forget getting a Hypertech and get a program and do it myself.

I was looking at Tunercat website and they don't list anything for the '96-up Vortec 5.7L. Im thinking this would be a good excuse to buy a laptop computer. Very Happy So how hard is it to use these programs and what would be a good program to use on a 96-00 Vortec 5.7L?

Someone here deleted my last Tunercat post....I did a group purchase for them on FSC and this forum...I don't make a dime on these...just want him to stay in business and keep improving the product!

TunerCat does make a program for your truck...same year as mine (unlike Hypertech it covers 96 and 97...since I have the same years as your truck I can help you out a ton on programing it...I also have my and others cal files post on James B site which you will also find on the FSC post I started....go through all the post for more info....if you order let John at TC know I sent ya from the FSC post Smile

http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139132

Ken

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1