RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
For a 4L60E tranny
Post For a 4L60E tranny 
that has 108,000 miles on it would it be a good idea to not only do the filter W/fram, GM or TCI, but add a shift improver from B&M?

Fluid has been power flushed at least once before. It's not burnt now that I can tell. There is a little sludge on the dip stick though.
My Bro-in-law at Goodyear will do the flush and obviously we can do the kit at that time.

I'm considering the improver kit since the shifts can be sluggish or slap/lag. You know the typical drive train slap between 1-2 or 2-3 at times. Mine only does it when I am driving home. About 3 miles after I get off the freeway and I am in the neighborhood turning through the corners to get into our part of the subdivision. It slaps between shifts. Happens every time and usually only through these turns. It's weird, doesn't do it anywhere else or any other time. Only on my way into the subdivision at this lower speed.

Ideas/recommendations

Thanks,
Sam

Yeah, it would probably be a good idea. A shift kit/improver kit works wonders for a 4l60e old or new. I would stray away from the B&M kit though. Go with someone with a proven track record. I'd either go with Trans go shift kit or the Superior improver kit.

The B&M Shift Improver kit is/was an excellent kit on the older 350TH and my local tranny shop recommended them. But, when my 4l60e started acting up, the same shop (same owner) recommended the Trans Go kit.

Just dropped the truck off for a recheck on the alignment. Ran the idea past the Bro-in-law and he didn't recommend the kit. Thought the lag is just normal even his 2001 Z71 does it a bit from time to time.
I'm not looking for neck breaking shifts, just to make sure it operates well. Besides the Trans go kit is $130.00 I'm not paying that.

My truck is a '97 305 Silverado BTW: for background

Still willing to take suggestions though!

Thanks,

Sam

Yeah, the B&M stuff is good for most old school applications, but I just haven't seen much feedback on the 4L60Es.

Looks like the superior stuff is $48 here.

http://www.bulkpart.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=2&Category_Code=4L60E-4L65Evbkits

http://www.superior-transmission.com/

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1