RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Blew the 4.10's last night
Post Blew the 4.10's last night 
but thats OK, Ive got a complete 3.42:1 rear with a posi to go in tonight. Ive been one wheel peal for long enough. Its going to be nice to be able to reach speeds of over 120kph. I had a nasty vibration with the current rear that kept me going under 120. This vibration has cost me 2 transmissions, a cat converter, some exhaust work and a custom driveshaft due to the tailstock exploding on 2 early 97 trannies. Now Ive got a late 97 tranny installed , theone with the little hole to tighten the converter bolts.

Freeway driving will be much better now.

PS I got the complete 3.42 posi rear with brakes and axles for $200 CAN.

Well off to the shop for the swap.

Hog

Post Got the G80 posi and 3.42 gears in 
and all of my highway fun has returned. The power is applied more smoothly. Hooks up OK from a deap stop, just barley hazes the tires, this is with crappy old 235 70's all around. I havent been able to go above 120kph for almost 2 years, due too vibrations. Well the vibes are gone and I got her up to an estimated 200 kph today. It felt awaesome. (I have had my truck at 223 kph with the 4.10 ratio and 29" tall tires.) Next time at the drags will be the first time at the drags with all my mods together at once. I suspect I will lose a couplke tenths due to the gear change, but I will gain some MPH back. With the 4.10's andmy stock longblock and cam, it seemed to almost accelerat thru its torque peak too quickly. Maybe with better traction and a more loaded engine(gear wise) I could still grunt out some respectable times. The time slip will tell all.

I got my 14.8 with radials with open posi and 4.10 gears. Now with 3.42 posi and radials, we'll see what she does. I think with my 27 inch tires, 3.73 would be the best comprimise, but the highway travelling is awesome now, a little less engine operating rpm, but more stress on the tranny with the higher gear now.. Just need my speedo corrected now.

Hog

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1