Tailgate on my 3500HD

Anything off-topic

Moderators: flyingpolarbear, Eric@PPE, VicC, James B.

Rob_B

Tailgate on my 3500HD

Post by Rob_B »

Just curious if anyone else has had or heard about the issue I just had. I returned from a trip to Florida with my 5th wheel (1350 miles) and found that the pins holding my tailgate closed. had come loose. The passenger side had come right off (the nut was gone and only the latch was holding the pin) and the drivers side was loose as a goose. Pulled the tail lights and tightened everything right up again and replaced the missing nut and washer. Now there were some extremely bumpy roads in Michigan on I75. It just surprised me the tailgate didn't drop during the drive.

Hog
Location: 1997 Chev ECSB L31 350 1997 GMC Sierra SLE RCSB, Ontario

Post by Hog »

Never heard of that one.

Glad you are enjoying that super ultra range of that oil burner. Those Duramaxs sure work well.

Take care Rob

peace
Hog

Rob_B

Post by Rob_B »

Thanks Paul, its been really good so far...just a couple glitches so far. Have put about 18,000 miles with the 5th wheel attached to it so far. The only things on the truck replaced so far was the alternator, batteries, the DEF tank(warranty) and a rear caliper. The issue with the pins really surprised me> The addition of the large fuel tank has been the best thing I could have done. Changing the factory tank from 35G to the aftermarket 61G makes driving a full day with the RV attached planning easy. With the RV on, I'm getting between 11 & 12 mpg at 65-70mph. Retirement really does agree with me...just wish I had time for all the stuff I wanna do..lol