RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Tuner Cat VS EFI Live
Post Tuner Cat VS EFI Live 
Ok, I have Tuner Cat already, and have been pondering EFI Live. I tried to turn on the 2 fan pins on the 411 6.0 Yukon today, and with no luck only one pin worked, and than one was flashing off and on, why I have no idea. I checked the 2 fan option, but it just didnt work. it seems like some stuff that TC has just dont work.
I started searching the net and found that PSWired got his to work just fine with EFI Live. PSWired, I assume you were running a Truck calibration file?

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=330567&page=1&pp=10&highlight=2005+PCM

What other cool stuff can EFI Live do that TC cannot? I know EFI Live has custom OS's with boost tables, but is there anything else? am I thinking wrong or can it tune itselfe with a WB o2? Also is there a better place to buy it from? anyone cheaper than someone else or is the price pretty much set? and are there different versions that are better than the others?
[/u][/url]

*edit. one more question, can I program the pcm with EFI Live that I have already been working on with TC, or do I have to start all over.

EFILive can do a crank relearn.
There is an AutoVE tutorial and with EFILive it's really easy to dial in the VE table. With the price of petrol, the less 'runs' to dial in the VE the better.
Plus, the support is second to none...well...aside from here that is Very Happy

Does TC do speedo cal's? EFILive does.
There are lots of other things...I just find it ALOT more user friendly.

Howard

yea, I am running a 0411, the crank relearn would be nice. I am pretty sure I will be getting EFI Live, I just need to come up with the extra $750. it's that one thing that this site will do to you, make you spend a lot of money:D...... Crying or Very sad

Post Well 
I figured what the hell, I want it so I ordered EFI Live today. I hope it's here by this weekend Surprised

Post Re: Well 
s10mods wrote:
I figured what the hell, I want it so I ordered EFI Live today. I hope it's here by this weekend Surprised

Another one going to the darkside!

Yes EFILive will get the 2 speed fan control working with a truck OS. There is an option to use the second speed pin for the A/C recirculation door control or the fan relay. Just switch it to the fan mode.

If I have already been tuning the pcm with TC can I still read it and start using EFI Live or will I have to find a EFI Live tune and load it then start tuning?

If I have already been tuning the pcm with TC can I still read it and start using EFI Live or will I have to find a EFI Live tune and load it then start tuning?

Unless you switch to an EFI Live Custom OS, NO!!! Plug in EFI Live, download the current calibration in the PCM and away you go! Please send me a copy of the tune you pull! I'd like to see some of your changes!

Post Jet Dynamic Spectrum Tuner vs. EFLive 
I am contemplating possibly buying the old Tuner Cat - Jet tuner because money is getting even tighter (due to owning a house now). Will the Jet tuner do everything the EFlive programmer do?
Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Josh

in short NO!
I haven't been keeping up with JET updates (if there are any) but EFILive is a much better program to use.
Maybe Fred would be the better person to answer this...or Lextech or Eric.
Are you using the 0411 PCM (can't remember who's done the swap).
If you are....go with EFILive.

Yes Howard I already have the 411pcm. I would like to go with eflive but it will be a while before I can shell out that kind of money in one lump sum.

Josh

s10mods wrote:

Unless you switch to an EFI Live Custom OS, NO!!! Plug in EFI Live, download the current calibration in the PCM and away you go! Please send me a copy of the tune you pull! I'd like to see some of your changes!

SO I can pull the calibration from the pcm after it has been modified with TC or I cant? If I cant I know someone with a Tech II who can flash a factory tune in my pcm for me. Stealth, I havent made that many changes just yet. I only have changed for gear ratio and tire size as well as VATS, adn a few other codes. I havnt drove the truck but 1 mile since I fired it up, I am sitll finishing up the wiring. I have been playing with TC to try to get teh fans to work with no luck.(one more reason I have not drove it. other than my plate is expired, and it didnt have insurance till today. Laughing ) I can send you the TC file if you want, and I can send you the EFI Live file after I pull it.
Now I need to get the EFI Live license for my Road Runner! Cool

Yes Howard I already have the 411pcm. I would like to go with eflive but it will be a while before I can shell out that kind of money in one lump sum.

Josh

I just bought EFI Live today, and I cant wait to get it. From what I have read on EFI Live forums, I would much rather buy EFI Live than Jet. it's only a little more for much more power. I do like having the original TC because it's not VIN locked. that way if a friend needs a speed limiter turned off or speedo re-cal it's only a flash away. But since Jet is vin locked anyway and the support/updates from Jet directly sucks, I would go with EFI Live.
MY .02

Stealth97 wrote:
s10mods wrote:

SO I can pull the calibration from the pcm after it has been modified with TC or I cant? If I cant I know someone with a Tech II who can flash a factory tune in my pcm for me. Stealth, I havent made that many changes just yet. I only have changed for gear ratio and tire size as well as VATS, adn a few other codes. I havnt drove the truck but 1 mile since I fired it up, I am sitll finishing up the wiring. I have been playing with TC to try to get teh fans to work with no luck.(one more reason I have not drove it. other than my plate is expired, and it didnt have insurance till today. Laughing ) I can send you the TC file if you want, and I can send you the EFI Live file after I pull it.

Your question was the double entendre, I answered the second portion of it. Cool You can use EFI Live to pull out whats in the PCM, running, right now, with your TC changes. EFI Live will see all of them. EFI Live or TC is just the intermediary between you and your PCM. You'll be good. Buy EFI Live.

Silent Thunder wrote:

Josh

I just bought EFI Live today, and I cant wait to get it. From what I have read on EFI Live forums, I would much rather buy EFI Live than Jet. it's only a little more for much more power. I do like having the original TC because it's not VIN locked. that way if a friend needs a speed limiter turned off or speedo re-cal it's only a flash away. But since Jet is vin locked anyway and the support/updates from Jet directly sucks, I would go with EFI Live.
MY .02

x2.

This is why I own both TC and EFI Live.

Jet DST is crap. DST = Directly Spectrum Trash

s10mods wrote:
Stealth97 wrote:
s10mods wrote:

Your question was the double entendre, I answered the second portion of it. Cool You can use EFI Live to pull out whats in the PCM, running, right now, with your TC changes. EFI Live will see all of them. EFI Live or TC is just the intermediary between you and your PCM. You'll be good. Buy EFI Live.

Cool, this is what I was hoping for. I have orderd it today, I just would like it to be here by this weekend.

s10mods wrote:
Silent Thunder wrote:

Josh

MY .02

x2.

This is why I own both TC and EFI Live.

Jet DST is crap. DST = Directly Spectrum Trash

X10!!1!! Laughing

Anyone have an efi live tune file of an GMT 400 truck with the 4l80e?

PCM 16263425 or PCM 09365085 or PCM 09365095 will work.

I cant find on EFI's site. I assume it does come with all the cables needed to connect?

I also need to make sure it is USB supported. My laptop doesnt have a 9pin connector.

Hopefully this time next week I can order it Very Happy

I'll be ordering it sometime next week, also. I'm grabbing mine with an LC-1 wideband for $875, package deal. I'd go ahead and get the XD-16 with it, but I don't absolutely need it for right now, and I can always order that separately later for not that much more.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next