RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 3 of 68
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Post a Random Picture
1 of 24 Hemi Charger? Prolly a quarter mil to half a mil in pristine condition.

I can buy a Ferrari (the one right before the Testarossa) for $30,000 right now.

Tommy Lee (Pamela Andersons ex-husband) had his Ferrari Testarossa painted at a local body shop across the street from my work. His is one of the better Testarossas (later years were better) and his is black. Heard its worth between $70-120k.

Eric

...tommy lee? that's my dad's real estate agent! lol, he's got a double identity. Laughing

LOL! nice pic there Makoi.....just passin a super car with a tractor Evil or Very Mad that would be funny to see.

Unless your Uncle had a museum to keep it in, the classic muscle cars just don't make that much sense to own anymore. They are ridiculously expensive now for those Hemi's, and if he made an even trade for a $140,000 Ferrari, he done good. He'll be able to drive that more and enjoy it. The Charger might have been an interesting item on a Barrett Jackson auction. What do you think the Charger was worth Pauly?

I dont know 100% what the Charger is worth. I do know that when he 1st got done the restoration, it was appraised at $60,000 if I remember the "adults" talking at the time. There was rumblings of $150,000 when teh car was traded. My Uncle didnt care, he wanted the Ferrari. We have family in Italy, and went on a trip and visited the Ferrai facility. They have the authenic Ferrari leatherjackets to prove it.

The car was scheduled to be on Barett-Jackson, they said it needed paint. So in for paint it went. the same guy that painted Dad's 57 Chev Belair painted the Charger 500. It was ready for the auction when a guy heard of teh Charger 500 and offered up a trade for teh Ferrari. The rest is history.

Here is a Charger 500.
http://www.bcautos.com/streetcars/1969hemicharger.html

here is some more Charger 500 info.
http://www.allpar.com/model/charger.html

Appartently the Charger 500 was an areodynamic design for NASCAR 's 200 mph speeds.

My uncle also has a 426 Hemi on a stand that is dynoed at 850 hp 13.5:1 comp., it ran 10.0's at 153mph in a Super Bee. It has dual 1150 Dominators massgaed to flow 1350cfm a piece.

Last time I drove that Hemi car, I had never heard such a sound of rushing air when the carbs opened up. Wide open 3rd and 4th gear run was very impressive. At least I got to drive 1 of the most rare cars in North America. Totally different beast than the Testarossa.

Uncle made an enclosed trailer for the Charger, the Ferrari BARELY squeezes in, with less than an inch on either side, its very very tight. My Aunt HATES guiding my Uncle when he loads the car onto the trailer. 1 slip and it could be a very costly error.

peace
Hog

That is the car that has the strange rear glass shape, I had a friend that his dad always had Dodge products, 383, 440 Baracudas & Chargers, I remember him talking about the model with the funky glass in the rear of the car & how ugly he thought it was over the regular Charger R/T, Needless to say he ordered the regular Charger with a 440 4-barrel, 4 speed & duals, still a nice car today. But to have been within several hunderd dollars of buying a legend, you would have to just Kick your self in the nuts several times daily to feel right. Now all we really have is crap, I mean what about the Nascar car of tomorrow are they going to build a legend around? Heck you would not know if you were driving a Ford, Toyota or Chevy, Just makes me sick. My boy is 9 & really starting to appreciate the older cars & trucks, I really hope I can preserve something with some style that he can keep & enjoy when he is able to drive.

Boosted

There, happy?

Here's one of a boy named Random. Not kidding. Apparently his dad is a programmer and quite... odd. That kid's going to be teased a lot, sadly.

Why do people, when they are acting cool, give the longhorn sign, when they didnt even go to UT?

Why do people, when they are acting cool, give the longhorn sign, when they didnt even go to UT?

Long before it was a "long horn" sign it was a sign of the devil horns, meaning "rock on" . Its has long been a rock and roll sign. It got started late 70's early 80's. It has recently become mainstream. Many believe Ronnie James Dio was a founder of the Devil Horn... Here is what he has to say about it. From metalsludge.com

"Ronnie James Dio, the man widely credited for pioneering the "devil's horns" hand sign, recently spoke to Kerrang! about the "widespread abuse of his creation" amongst pop folk and people who flash the sign without knowing the meaning behind it.

"It's all right as long as it's accepted for what it was," Dio told the magazine. "It was a more serious thing at the time, when I was with [BLACK] SABBATH. That was a band that was very dark, and that's what I wanted it to be. It was symbol of the darkness of that band, and not something to be passed on to BRITNEY SPEARS! An invention is an invention, I guess. It's become so damn polluted now. The people who are doing it don't know what it means and they have no idea that they shouldn't be doing it.

"It's a trend," Dio addded. "It's a popular trend and so it will probably become like the hula hoop. During a show, I sometimes think 'Maybe I won't do that tonight', because it's become so damn ludicrous now. Everyone's doing it and it has no meaning anymore. Now I wait until two or three songs into the show, and until there's a stop in the music and I'm doing something on my own, and then the response is incredible because people are wanting that from me. It's like OZZY and the peace sign, you know? So I never
find myself not doing it, but I'm definitely doing it less and less these days.

"The point is that you can't just flash it. You have to a face that goes with it. There has to be some emotion behind it. It can't just be the raising of the arm, trying to get your fingers in the right position. And you'll notice that a lot of people are using the thumb now, too. When the thumb comes out it means 'I love you' either in Hawaiian or in sign language - I'm not sure which! So that's proof, once again, that these celebrities don't really have a clue. As stupid as this might sound, I never once did that on stage unless it was to punctuate something that was a little more dark. So when I did it, it was never about starting a trend. It's a natural thing for me to do. It's important to know that it's not something I did frivolously it was just a spontaneous response to something that I sang. A lot of times, bending of the knees always puts it in a slightly different perspective. It puts you in the Sumo position. Now you're ready to charge!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_horns

At the risk of pissing off Pro with what I've done in my life: When I was about 4 years old I met Ronnie James Dio. Formerly of Black Sabbath. One of my uncles and his friends are HUGE Sabbath fans. Even back then I was told that Dio created the "Devils Horns" or at least it is attributed to him. Dio is strange, but real cool from what I vaugely remember.

jeeps arn't so bad.....

Being bi or lesbian is the big in thing these days. Well, if you are hot that is.

Lately my online multiplayer game of choice has been F.E.A.R.

The stock maps SUCK to the point I found the game unplayable. There are some absolutely incredibe custom maps though. Some guy named Lobotomy does awesome work. Some of these maps I play involve a movie theater, or various T.V. screens placed throughout the map. Some very astute individual has genuine lesbian pr0n playing on them at all times. Its like heaven, two of the best things in the world combined!!!! Hot lesbians and online gaming all in one!

Reply to topic Page 3 of 68
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 66, 67, 68  Next