RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Welcome back!
Ha Smile stuck up your asss.
Ip addresses needed for future spammers. Theyll be like hmmm, my ip address is posted, not a good idea.

I don't get it. Anyway, all I was commenting, is that we do need moderation more than IP address posting (we don't need lets say YOU going and spamming a spammer back. It creates more problems, etc.). So, if I was anything but a user of this board, I would be a moderator, that ONLY helped delete specific content that I was asked to delete. I would/could prune profanity out of posts, and would have to watch what I say if indeed I was any type of moderator.

Additionally, I was trying to say Administrators normally have the IP address function, and moderators usually do not, or only Super Moderators have that power.

On Supraforums:

Moderator (General, Like I would be, if anything, ever.) Level 1
Super Moderator (Imagine James B. from the old board. Not the Admin, but can read IP's, ban IP's temporarily etc. Almost an admin, but cannot ban people (most of the time) and can only temp restrict access if anything, or restrict posting by a user, etc. Different security level. Level 3
Administrator (Imagine Dan, or Flyingpolarbear) Level 5.

Also, with the new forum

Pro wrote:

Also, with the new forum

You were saying...

The preview post thing doesn't seem to be activated either. I like that feature.

In the user profile, is it possible to choose how many posts we want to see on each page. I know other forums have it set up that way so you don't have to scroll through as many pages. Not a biggie just a note. And more of a question here, can you filter out all the "bad words". I think that helps from the work filter picking it up and killing the page. so I can still take a peek at work. Smile

Andrew

Last edited by agreif on Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
I like the new format, but is there any way we can get at the old database? There was a ton of very useful info on there, hopefully it was backed up before the change over...

DJ

Wow! Been a while since Ive been to PPE, this is a great improvement. Very Happy How's come some of the members registration date is way older than the new message board? How'd dat happen? Surprised

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2