RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Finally!
Post Finally! 
The police AND the judges are starting to crack down on super-loud stereos. It's about time. I don't want to hear the music tastes of the guy next to me at a stoplight, and have little recourse if traffic isn't moving other than to open myself to legal proceedings by removing the stereo with a crowbar. Not only is it impolite, but it is dangerous. I've seen ambulances held up because the guy was slouched down in his car blasting the stereo, and the stereo was actually drowning out the ambulance siren. He finally dribbled up a bit and the ambulance was able to get by, but if I were the ambulance driver I'd have pushed the guy out of the way. If you wanna blast your music on the highway (I've heard stereos when passing other cars at speeds of 80MPH before) that's fine, but turn the crap down if you are at a stoplight where other people can't get away from you. And, don't be blasting it in neighborhoods at night. I've been woken out of a sound sleep at 0200 before, and at that time of the morning I'm liable to respond to such a disturbance with a shotgun, and have walked out of the house with it before. The SOB's long gone by then though. I'm mean as hell when I get woke up in the middle of the night for no good reason. A little consideration goes a long way.

Weve had that happen a few times up here too, where the judge sentences them to take their stuff out. In my own opinion, i would much rather get woken up at 2am by a couple bass hits than straight pipes or other extremely loud exhausts which are just as loud. my .02

Post I'd like to see those cars taken off the road too... 
FiatDale wrote:
Weve had that happen a few times up here too, where the judge sentences them to take their stuff out. In my own opinion, i would much rather get woken up at 2am by a couple bass hits than straight pipes or other extremely loud exhausts which are just as loud. my .02

The worst offenders are Harley drivers, they can get those things so freaking loud that they can be heard at highway speeds up to a half mile away. I think a few publicized vehicle crushings would eliminate that problem.

Hey, remember Bubb Rubb and the whistling device he had on his car? If I remember correctly you would be able to break house windows with one of those things. BTW that site may not be work-friendly. Had some scanks on the site. Y'all ain't gonna believe this, but Yahoo had 19,900 hits for Bubb Rubb.

Post Re: I'd like to see those cars taken off the road too... 
Quote:
The worst offenders are Harley drivers, they can get those things so freaking loud that they can be heard at highway speeds up to a half mile away.

Yep, gotta love them harleys when they are leaving the bars at 2am.

Speeder would hate me.

My system is:

Focal K2 front component set (LOUD AND CLEAR).

2 JL Audio 10" W6 AE subs.

2 JL Audio amplifiers. 1 500x1 and 1 300x4.

I LOVE to play my system at volume level 60 sitting at a stoplight. All the drivers stare at my truck wondering why they can't hear themselves think.

It is even worse in my buddys Avalanche with 2 JL 12 W6's. Bass hits harder. He has the same amps as me.

I'm even thinking of adding more subwoofers in my truck. Considering 2 JL 12W6's, JL 12W7's or 13.5 JL W7's in the bed of my truck. I'm thinking of trying for 180 DB at the dash. Think it could be done?

Stealth97 wrote:
Speeder would hate me.

My system is:

Focal K2 front component set (LOUD AND CLEAR).

2 JL Audio 10" W6 AE subs.

2 JL Audio amplifiers. 1 500x1 and 1 300x4.

I LOVE to play my system at volume level 60 sitting at a stoplight. All the drivers stare at my truck wondering why they can't hear themselves think.

It is even worse in my buddys Avalanche with 2 JL 12 W6's. Bass hits harder. He has the same amps as me.

I'm even thinking of adding more subwoofers in my truck. Considering 2 JL 12W6's, JL 12W7's or 13.5 JL W7's in the bed of my truck. I'm thinking of trying for 180 DB at the dash. Think it could be done?

I can see a quiet truck in your future. Precedence has been set. But, if you want to be inconsiderate of others that is your business. It'll come back to bite you eventually.

[quote="Speeder"]
Stealth97 wrote:
I can see a quiet truck in your future. Precedence has been set. But, if you want to be inconsiderate of others that is your business. It'll come back to bite you eventually.

Sorry, but I don't. Give me noise tickets, try to tell me to take it out of the truck, try to force me, none will suceed. I will just build it bigger, badder, louder, and I will THEN PUMP IT all NIGHT past 2 AM to my pleasing.

It may be rude and inconsiderate, but people do many rude and inconsiderate things to me daily, and there isn't a law for those things. Make a law against my stereo, and watch it go louder, bigger, and annoy you more. I personally will not tolerate over beauraucracy. FUCK THE MAN!

Rant off.

By the way, I do not run my stereo loud past 10 PM. I also do not bump it in my neighborhood (even during the day for testing. I was asked not to do that, so I don't). I am considerate of SLEEPING people, but during the day, I do not give a shit. Want peace and quiet? Move out of the city! Not my fault you live too close to my truck and the road. I'm just passing by, like everyone else, without a care in the world.

QUOTE FROM ARTICLE: "The sentence isn't going to stop me playing music," Bennett said. "I love my music."

As do I, and all my loud music loving friends. I am respectful of sleeping people (past 10PM weekdays, 12PM fri/sat, other than that, fair game). When the sun is up, so is my system.

I love loud music, and I'm not going to be forced into being a wussy ass wimp because some nature loving hippie wants his peace and quiet. I live in Los Angeles, so peace and quiet is the last thing on my mind. I could see if this moron was playing his music at night, in neighborhoods, etc., but I only play mine out on major intersections. Too bad if the car next to me wasn't "equipped" with enough sound insulating material. Go bitch at the auto manufacturer, not me.

Speeder wrote:
FiatDale wrote:

The worst offenders are Harley drivers, they can get those things so freaking loud that they can be heard at highway speeds up to a half mile away. I think a few publicized vehicle crushings would eliminate that problem.

Hey, remember Bubb Rubb and the whistling device he had on his car? If I remember correctly you would be able to break house windows with one of those things. BTW that site may not be work-friendly. Had some scanks on the site. Y'all ain't gonna believe this, but Yahoo had 19,900 hits for Bubb Rubb.

Publicized vehicle crushings?? Forced removal of your equipment? This is going too far. Since high HP engines are a threat to other motorists since they encourage agressive and dangerous driving, enthusiasts who have installed hi-po engines should be mandated to remove them. This is the same thinking as the loud stereo / exhaust debate.

Give the cops a right to dole out tickets for noise violations, reckless driving, or other examples of people being inconsiderate, but no forced removal of your equipment. Just because you have the stuff doesn't mean you are going to use it like an idiot.

Post To each their own, I guess... 
but if you ever get busted by "the man" for it I wanna be in the court when you tell the judge to jam it, and really want to be there for the first offense after he orders you to remove it. I want to see what happens when you tell the judge you won't tolerate his interference with your truck. I already know what'll happen, but I wouldn't mind being there to see it. The better way would be to show consideration for your fellow man rather than forcing your musical tastes on others. Might not be a cop that comes up behind you in trafric, might be some nut with a shotgun who chooses to blast first and screw asking the questions. And if this happens, doubtful anyone here would know what happened unless someone who knows you personally posts the results.

But as I said, to each their own, I guess. I'm not a cop so I won't be issuing any summonses, but I've called and asked the cops to have a talk with folks jamming through my neighborhood with their stereos maxed out. Sometimes it does good, other times it takes more calls.

Bedroom at one end, living room at the other.
The garages are under the living rooms.

When Im having a quiet night watching the rangers, sitting on balcony, whatever... the obeese nerdy mid life crises begins to pull into his garage outside (next to mine). He happens to have a harley with no mufflers just like everyone else.

Ok, so now I go into the bedroom to get some sleep. The other set of apartments are on that side (garages facing my bedroom). Well the midlife crisis man from my living room side has a buddy who has a goldwing similar to his harley. Guess what, he doesnt like to have mufflers either and likes to let everyone know at 2am in the morning. Woow how cool is he I wanna be just like him.

I wake up at that 2am to go take a piss or something and im thinking ok, few more hours of sleep and im good. No at 3am here drives by the fella's in their focus with no muffler as well (several speed bumps at the apartments, so they like to get it up high, slow down, up high, down, etc). I get back to sleep.

I usually get up at 7am but no need for an alarm because at 6:30am here comes the guy driving his 78 camaro with 427 supercharged and no mufflers as well. No actually I dont get pissed because I do wanna hear that one.

Ever once in a while Ill hear the guy driving his mid 90s dodge nasty rattly sounding cummins with glasspacks pulling into his drive at 11pm.

Anyone that drives a vehicle with no mufflers similar to what james did in that parking lot needs a beaten and they need it in a harsh manner according to what kind of vehicle they took the mufflers off. To describe the beaten: You go find the muffler they took off their vehicle and beat them upside the head several times till they get point. After that you give them a quarter to call their mommy to complain about how hard of a beaten they got. Bonus points: if you can get them to admit to their mommy that they wernt punished enough when they were growing up (IE time outs dont work, only beatens).

Stealth97 wrote:
Speeder would hate me.
[snip]

Do it Do it Do it Do it. I'm with Speeder on this one. I wanna hear you whine when your hard earned body work starts flaking off with every subwoofer beat. Ok that's a little drastic but that's about how I feel, and it's also very possible. I've seen 20 year old body work suddenly fall off in chunks when Dad's hot rod got passed down to a young 'audiophile'.

Post Re: To each their own, I guess... 
Speeder wrote:
but if you ever get busted by "the man" for it I wanna be in the court when you tell the judge to jam it, and really want to be there for the first offense after he orders you to remove it. I want to see what happens when you tell the judge you won't tolerate his interference with your truck. I already know what'll happen, but I wouldn't mind being there to see it. The better way would be to show consideration for your fellow man rather than forcing your musical tastes on others. Might not be a cop that comes up behind you in trafric, might be some nut with a shotgun who chooses to blast first and screw asking the questions. And if this happens, doubtful anyone here would know what happened unless someone who knows you personally posts the results.

But as I said, to each their own, I guess. I'm not a cop so I won't be issuing any summonses, but I've called and asked the cops to have a talk with folks jamming through my neighborhood with their stereos maxed out. Sometimes it does good, other times it takes more calls.

Anybody with a shotgun better think twice about pointing it at me. I don't follow rules/laws or any of the above. The laws are ridiculous, so I just "choose" not to give a shit. Point a gun at me, and see what happens. You will be on the business end of mine, and quickly. I've also been searched thoroughly and they never found it. I'm pretty confident they never will either. This is why I have it. Not worried.

I don't go blasting through neighborhoods with my system up. Residential neighborhood, system down, business district, or during the day, I blast away. It is not my fault they build housing right next to streets. Where am I supposed to drive and listen to my music? Why is the homeowners right so much more important than my rights? I pay just as much if not more in taxes, so don't even go there. If you cop the "He isn't interferring with you B.S" I will respond in kind with the "He is close to the street, and it is affecting my scenic drive". Same difference.

Point is, why is the law dictating where I can play my stereo and how loud? It is stupidity. I don't pay taxes so I can lose my freedoms.

Don't like my loud music? Call the cops all you want. They will NEVER stop me. Trust me. You can cite all the laws in the world, and I will continue to do as I please. The jails are overflowing, they would not have me sit in jail over a stereo system while murderers walk free daily. They can't even keep the repeat gang banging offenders off the streets, and you think they have the time to deal with me? Please, look at reality. Or better yet, move to Los Angeles for a week...it would wake you up.

The ONLY way to stop me from playing loud music (and it won't even work) would be through a civil complaint/lawsuit. Still wouldn't work, but you could try. Pay your lawyer thousands to fight a case, watch me drag it through the court system legally for 2-4 years, and when we finally get a decision, it goes my way or definitely not in your favor 100%. My lawyers are GOOD.

So...I am off to continue bumping my stereo system. Sure I get complaints every once in awhile. Sure I get rude stares. Same rude stares I give to the dumb broads driving 45mph on the highway with a 65 or 70mph maximum.

If you were to call the police to complain about my stereo, they would literally laugh at you. They run CRASH units (gang/drug etc. task force) daily, weekly, whatever, and they also are very busy chasing people shooting people randomly on freeways (commonplace here. We are on pace this year to have less freeway shootings than last, but it is still making the news). If you think they have one second of time to devote to my stereo system, you are DEAD wrong. Maybe in Rural Oklahoma they have time to field useless noise complaints, but I assure you, the ONLY noise complaints that get fielded are the noise complaints for parties (with young adults) after 2am on weekends or some husband abusing his wife.

Hmm I guess I'll move to LA since the cops are too busy to give out speeding tickets.

Stealth97 wrote:
Why is the homeowners right so much more important than my rights?

Because they own the property they are sleeping on and you are blasting ricky martin on what the city owns.

Stealth97 wrote:
If you think they have one second of time to devote to my stereo system, you are DEAD wrong. Maybe in Rural Oklahoma they have time to field useless noise complaints, but I assure you, the ONLY noise complaints that get fielded are the noise complaints for parties (with young adults) after 2am on weekends or some husband abusing his wife.

Good idea, justify bad behavior with worse behavior. Your mindset today = "I stole something, but at least i didnt murder someone". Your mindset in 50 years = "I murdered someone, but at least I didnt murder 3".

Stealth97 wrote:

[snip all that blather]

Such a young soul. Much to learn, too little time.

Dave'02LT wrote:
Stealth97 wrote:
Speeder would hate me.
[snip]

Do it Do it Do it Do it. I'm with Speeder on this one. I wanna hear you whine when your hard earned body work starts flaking off with every subwoofer beat. Ok that's a little drastic but that's about how I feel, and it's also very possible. I've seen 20 year old body work suddenly fall off in chunks when Dad's hot rod got passed down to a young 'audiophile'.

Haha, all my bodywork was *welded* on. I was there to help, so I know this for a fact. It will not fall off, and if it did, that would be such an embarassment, I would kick my own ass. If my dad gave me such a pile of shit hotrod that when the bodywork fell off after I installed a sound system, I would kick HIS ass. That is how I feel.

Also, I did state that I am respectful late at night, and in neighborhoods. I also dont speed through neighborhoods on accounts of kids playing in the street. Their street too. I do bump my system on the road though. Is it my problem your $6,000 Kia has no sound deadener?!? Seriously? I care not if you hear some of my bass beats or whatever. I normally keep my system up with the windows up, unless it is summer and hot outside, then of course the windows are down.

My truck has a quiet exhaust system. Much quieter than the Flowmaster I junked in the trash. I don't want to be waking everybody up with my truck. Not cool. But if I want to enjoy myself during the day, making a law against it is utter bullshit. So, I disagree with the law, and I protest...heavily.

Stealth:

The police officer that works at night wouldnt like you driving by his house bumping Dr Dre during the day.
You do understand that it is possible to listen to music very loudly and not have to have everyone else hear it?
You do indeed have some mental instability that requires you to let everyone else not only know that you are bumping but to give them a false impression that you have tons of money to spend on stereo equipment and that you are somehow uplifted as a human being to a higher status because of whats in your dash and behind your seat.

Guidance counsler, out.

Hmm I guess I'll move to LA since the cops are too busy to give out speeding tickets.

They don't mind giving out speeding tickets. Great revenue, plus search potential of the suspects/vehicle. Big money in that.

Bothering a kid because he has a loud stereo. Waste of time. Go ask some cops. You think the police want to chase around loud stereos? Do you know how many people in the Valley of 1-2 million people have LOUD stereo systems and play them LOUD constantly? Move here. Trust me when I say "They do not have the time to devote to stereo system chasing". Many many many vehicles here have loud custom stereos. Unpossible to even try to field the noise complaints. Believe me. I've called the police for breaking the window of my vehicle and stealing stuff. I had to go to them to file a report. They REFUSED to come to my residence, citing lack of resources.

Wow, all of you people don't like loud music. So what? I do. They do not have enough manpower or time to devote to chasing my stereo system or any others. Don't try to take my freedoms away and use the police to intimidate. It will not work. I know they don't have the time, and this is why I know I am right and I am laughing at this whole discussion.

Now, go play the stereo system where the police can hear it, maybe you will get a ticket. That is asking for it blatantly. Remember folks, "It is not illegal, until you get a ticket for it". Just kidding on that, but I'm sure that saying steams all of you up.

Should I devote my life to taking away the freedoms of others as many are doing unto me? No high horsepower muscle cars, emissions this on old cars, blah blah blah. Screw that. Noise ordinance this, no driving your 4x4's on lots of property that you used to be able to 4x4 on. Blah blah blah.

Keep bottling people up. Keep taking away freedom. Go ahead.

Where am I supposed to find joy in this pile of shit world? Everybody wants to boss you around, tell you how to act, what to do, when to do it, how loud, how fast, how safe, restrictions this, restrictions that.

Where is the fun again? Anybody? I don't call working 50 hours a week to barely scrape by for your family fun either, so don't say you get joy out of family. Mucho bills, and mucho stress is in NO WAY fun.

Maybe I should make a law that if you don't take care of your house (lawn, front, paint, etc.) that instead of the city not being able to do jack besides a few measly fines, etc. (I live next to a JUNK house), they will TAKE YOUR HOUSE AWAY. Go back to living in an apartment. That should take away some FREEDOM. I HATE people who don't respect their own property, and these SAME people are the type to make complaints for noise from MY stereo. Why should I respect their property when they don't? Huh? What now?

Pro:

Damn, I was joking about adding more stereo equipment to make my truck louder. It is fine with 2 JL W6's 10". I love my setup. Just perfect.

I bump rock and roll you know. Some of you listen to rock and roll music with the wussy ass highs turned up real loud (every 40 year old guys truck I've ever driven, hmm...). Myself, I like to hear the drum bass hitting, as well as the vocals and cymbals. Anyway, I do like Dr. Dre as well (West Coast thing).

Well, I guess waking up a cop who works nights would suck for him, but then why is he living on a busy street if he works nights?!? Puzzling to me! Like I said, the stereo is only loud on major streets. People who buy houses on major streets are asking for it. Is it my fault they built/bought a house on a major street? They knew the street was there, and *gasp* people are driving on it. Oh my gosh.

If you hear so many loud vehicles at your current apartment, why not move? Oh, I forgot, all of Texas is a bunch of Harley Riding, Mexi-rice Cummins Diesels with leaky exhausts, etc...? I guess since you live in Texas you get to hear Harleys no matter where you go?

Can't you just live somewhere else? Why do you live next to a problem everywhere you go? The problem I live next to moved out and let the house sit abandoned. Not a problem to me, it just looks UGLY AS SIN.

Anyway, proof that I am not bothering anybody with my stereo system is in the pudding. Nobody complains in my neighborhood or anywhere else I go. Ok, Edit: And if the cop who works nights get woken up and wants to complain, he can't, because he doesn't have a vehicle description, license plate number, or anything that can find me. By the time he snaps out of his sleep, I'm long gone down the road. Well, I guess I'm _NOT_ going to be getting any tickets anytime soon. *wink*. Night all.

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next