RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Escalade 1/4 mile. Ran 12.88@107mph. Video.
Post Escalade 1/4 mile. Ran 12.88@107mph. Video. 
http://www.leblancfamily.com/rick7/escalade128.wmv

yup, I need more juice...

No, you need boost. Evil or Very Mad Your wimpy motor runs at 1bar (like my wimpy stock motor). You need to add a bar or two.

That's cool that they could lower it and keep the autoride functional. This place is pretty close to me, I think I'll shine up the YXL and go to their open house next weekend. Cool news, thanks.

Where is the info on the open house? I didn't see anything on thier web site.

Where is the info on the open house? I didn't see anything on thier web site.

Just pause the video when the credits for the shop come up. There's a website address on it. That's where I saw it.

www.livernoismotorsports.com

2500 South Gulley
Dearborn Hts, MI

open house rescheduled to 5/7 10am - 3 pm

c'mon makoi, let them boost your bumblebee...

Last Spring, I had nearly $10 grand saved up to hand over to Kelly Longwish so he could re-do my heads, headers, and exhaust. My wife bought a new rug, a chair and ottoman, and a new sofa, and I bought a new Sony widescreen, Marantz SR amp and dvd player, and a new Paradigm surround system. Dang... that burned though that money quick.

I had contacted Ground Effects to see about dropping my YXL, but the autoride computer is difficult to work around. You have to trick it into thinking that the vehicle is at the stock height. And, my 3/4 ton suspension complicates it further. I'll inquire with them about how they managed this with the Escalade, and maybe they can lower mine for me.

Kelly had said that they worked with Corsa, so does this Livernois place. I'll check into an exhaust price, and maybe go ahead with that now. The 8.1 has a lot to work with, but not too many 'off the shelf' go fast parts are available for it. When I get into any motor work, I will be taking it over to Kelly at Wheel 2 Wheel Performance. It's really hard for me to justify fooling around with it, what with gas prices skyrocketing... and honestly, my truck just runs like a watch. I've never had such good luck with a truck, absolutely no problems and it's pretty fast just like it is. The other thing is that it might just be collectable as a 1 of 8 yellow YXL Suburban. It's something in the back of my mind that I should just put this thing in the garage for a few years before I rack up too many miles on it... or roll it going 100 mph on I-75.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1