RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Meth or Propane injection?
Post Meth or Propane injection? 
Not that Im going to buy this, this week or anything. but trying to see which would be worth my money more....

I hear 100hp is possible with the meth injection, about the same for the propane.
even though they claim increased mileage with prop... In reality your still paying for it.

Post How does propane work??? 
Would an LPG fuelling system like is common with cars here in Oz work with Propane?

Both systems are ok, I like the alchy/meth system. I have a progressive set up for my car and it has aloud me to increase my boost by 8 to 10 lbs running 93 octane on the street. As far as their HP increase claim, I'd say it will very depending on what your application. I have been told in my application to figure about 10 hp for every 1 lb of boost, so I'd say they are pretty close on their estimates. I have yet to take my car to the dyno to get actual numbers.

The propane set up looked bulky to me and I didn't like the idea of having a propane tank tag along with me.

If your interested I can give you information on both systems....

Just a note on methane and propane. As you may well know, these short chain hydrocarbons have very high octane ratings. Its only when you get to n-pentane, n-hexane, n-heptane and n-octane that there is a SERIOUS drop in octane rating. Iso-octane (2,2,4-trimethyl pentane) has, on the other hand, an octane rating of 100 as it is a branched hydrocarbon. Methane and propane will allow for quite a bit more compression and therefore more horsepower for each unit of volume in the cylinders.

so with one, Im a slave to water and finding methanol.
and the other I get to hang out with hank hill for a refill...

Wonder which is cheaper.

Julio has what I would consider to be the best alchy system on the market right now. He is great to deal with as well, and will work with you to get your setup tuned to your setup. Best of all he answers the phone when you call, unlike some others I've delt with.

http://www.alkycontrol.com/

Here's some information for you on a couple of DIY systems.

http://members.cox.net/stevemonroe/AlcoholInjMod.html

I'll see if I can find you a link to the propane system, I had it somewhere. Jay Carter was selling a system called PROPAIN awhile back. IIRC correctly, the system seemed to go over better with the diesel
powered crowd. From what I have read there seems to be a limit of 25lbs of boost max with the propane systems. I have been able to run 24lbs of boost on pump gas with the alchy setup with 0 knock retard, but wussed out at that point.... Wink

Got tranny(built)?
PPE has some good HP stuff out.
But, EFILive is what you want. Newest version has a 5 position switch (On the fly)
You can run a tune for mileage daily then when some rice burner pulls up next to and wants to pass, just flip the switch (instant 200rwhp) and leave them in a cloud of soot Surprised .
Don't remember if you have an LLY or an LBZ? IIRC EFILive isn't out for the LBZ's (yet).
I have suncoast stage 3 tranny with a triple disk TTS converter. Banks bighead set at 32 psi. I run a Van Aaken 0/230/150 stacked with the predator 40 tune. The VA is switch on the fly. It is always in the 230 position. I only drop down to the 150 in the hills when I have the cruise on (doesn't play nice) or I drop down to the 0 when I'm towing (EGT's). Switch on the fly is great and it is amazing what they are doing with just #2 and programing these days.
Just remember that the tranny needs help also...

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1