RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 52
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next
Who's got some Investment Ideas?
Post Who's got some Investment Ideas? 
I have about 6 grand in money market accounts. Wanna get in some companies. Wanna see what others here gots.

I've been investing in Dinar's - it's money, Iraq's currency.
The return potential is pretty crazy.

I also have a buttload of Best Buy stock, which just keeps going up Smile

I am Mr. Graham Otobo,an official with the New Nigeria Bank . I have urgent and very confidential business proposition for you.

On June 8, 2006, a foreign oil consultant/contractor with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Mr.Alan Brown made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar months, valued at US$25,000,000.00 (Twenty- five Million
Dollars) in my branch.

Upon maturity, I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a month,we sent a reminder and finally we discovered from his contract employers, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation that Mr.Alan Brown died from while attempting to set the TBI™ land speed record. On further investigation, I found out that he died without making a WILL, and all attempts to trace his next of kin to date has remained fruitless.

This is simple, I will like you to provide immediately your full names, address, telephone and fax numers so that the Attorney will prepare the necessary documents and affidavits, which will put you in place as the next of kin. We shall employ the service of two Attorneys for drafting and notarization of the WILL and to obtain the necessary documents and letter of probate/administration in your favour for the transfer.

A bank account in any part of the world, which you will provide, will then facilitate the transfer of this money to you as the beneficiary/next of kin. The money will be paid into your nominated account for us to share in the ratio of 60% for me, 35% for you and 5% to cover any accidental expenses on either sides during the course of this transaction.

I suggest the Speeder Perpetual Security Fund. This fund has a guaranteed 52 percent a year compounding minimum return on your money, and it's 100 percent tax-free. The only catch to it is, you can never withdraw any of the money.

Was reading a story about the energy drink craze, might be a place to look at on the short term. Telecom may be a place to look at for a longer term, it it supposed to be picking up again over the next 5 years, but no guarantees there. Biotech and senior care would be an excellent place to look at considering the baby boomers are retiring and starting to go into nursing homes. The place my grandmother is in takes in people on the government dole, and they get about 3500 a person. My mother in law is in an assisted care home, they get 2500 a month. Double the amount of people in those places, and the cost is going to skyrocket on the supply and demand concept. In fact, if you can buy a piece of land somewhere, like 20 acres, you could put up a 100 bed place yourself and start rolling in it in a short amount of time. In fact, this is something I should really be looking into myself.

I'm doing stacked 7 month CD's now. 5.25%-5.75%APR Much better than the .63% the bank is offering me. Looking into some land somewhere otherwise I'll end up spending the money. Anybody seen the land deals on Ebay? Talk about marketing. You're bidding on the *deposit* ! Hrm

Post FYI 
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=DALRQ&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&id=0

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=NWACQ&p=D&yr=1&mn=0&dy=0&id=0

For both these, the 50 day moving average moved above the 200 day in June 06 signaling it is time to buy. Plan to hold for 3 - 5 years for cycle to peak. Look for ~1.00 stock of each to move into 10.00+ range in that time.

Here is some supporting research -

http://web.mit.edu/airlines/www/board-meetings/meeting-nov-2004/ProfitCycles-Jiang.pdf

http://www.iata.org/NR/rdonlyres/143FC7D3-2777-4D6E-BDFE-7F4497136AA6/0/industry_outlook_dec05.pdf

Pro, depends on your investment goals. Need a steady dividend flow for regular and growing extra income each month? Or would you rather have long term capital gains? Or protection against inflation?

For the first...look at solid REIT stocks like Realty Income or Boston Properties or Vornado. Or try utility stocks like National Fuel Gas or FPL or people.

For Capital gains, go to some companies like 3M, Proctor and Gamble or ExxonMobil.

For inflation protection, try TIPS (Treasury Inflation Protected Securities). There is an iFund for these that a broker can show you.

Hope these ideas get you to invest.

I'm doing stacked 7 month CD's now. 5.25%-5.75%APR Much better than the .63% the bank is offering me. Looking into some land somewhere otherwise I'll end up spending the money. Anybody seen the land deals on Ebay? Talk about marketing. You're bidding on the *deposit* ! Hrm

Land, definitely, for the long term. They certainly aren't making any more of it. Find some near a smaller growing town and buy all you can comfortably afford, then sit on it for 20 years. You will either be able to retire off the land, or retire on it. Either way, it won't be a loss. I'll be able to retire off my own land in about 20 years, just about the right amount of time.

Depends on your comfort of risk and how soon you need the money. CD gives fixed interest with no risk but ties up your money for the term of the CD. Land my be good if you can find anything good for 6 grand. Add another 60,000 to get a lot around me. Also, it may take a long time for your investment to pay off and it is hard to get the money out quickly. A stock market index fund will do as well as the stock market since is basically is the stock market average. With individual stocks you will spend as much in commissions as you would earn with that small amount. If this is all the money you have saved, money market may be fine because it allows you to get at it if l you need it in a hurry.

The good news is that you have money saved, you are way ahead of many.

Jim

Thursday, November 9, 2006

10,000 US Dollar = 15,301,906 Iraqi Dinar
10,000 Iraqi Dinar (IQD) = 6.53513 US Dollar (USD)

Learn about the new Iraqi Dinar
Median price = 1,405.08 / 1,530.19 (bid/ask)
Minimum price = 1,404.00 / 1,529.20
Maximum price = 1,405.20 / 1,530.30

FXTrade: Online Currency Trading with OANDA FXTrade.
FXDelivery: Get your Foreign Currency and Travelers Cheques delivered to your home for your next trip.

FXConverter - Currency Converter for 164 Currencies164 Currency Converter © 1997-2006 by OANDA.com.

I went to a dinner given by our investment managers (Manning & Napier) last night. They're quite conservative and seem to be interested in communications, cable t.v., VoIP, and stuff where near monopolies exist in electric utilities. They never mentioned Dinars though. Smile

Post One thing you need to do 
regardless of what other stuff you have, is open a Roth IRA. Do it now Junior, and contribute the max allowed every year and you'll have well over a million by the time you retire. I've been trying to scrape up enough to start one for the last 4 years, hard to do with a family and no pay raises, but next year I'll get one or starve trying.

I already have a roth and max it out at the beginning of each year.

ThunderTT wrote:

Thursday, November 9, 2006

10,000 US Dollar = 15,301,906 Iraqi Dinar
10,000 Iraqi Dinar (IQD) = 6.53513 US Dollar (USD)

Learn about the new Iraqi Dinar
Median price = 1,405.08 / 1,530.19 (bid/ask)
Minimum price = 1,404.00 / 1,529.20
Maximum price = 1,405.20 / 1,530.30

FXTrade: Online Currency Trading with OANDA FXTrade.
FXDelivery: Get your Foreign Currency and Travelers Cheques delivered to your home for your next trip.

FXConverter - Currency Converter for 164 Currencies164 Currency Converter © 1997-2006 by OANDA.com.

I went to a dinner given by our investment managers (Manning & Napier) last night. They're quite conservative and seem to be interested in communications, cable t.v., VoIP, and stuff where near monopolies exist in electric utilities. They never mentioned Dinars though. Smile

the thing that alot of people do not know is sooner or later, Iraq WILL get back on it's feet. if memory serves, before the gulf war, 1 dinar was worth close to, if not more than, 3 dollars US!

Post 10 Nov 2006 
Front page business section -

http://www.usatoday.com/money/biztravel/2006-11-09-air-recall-usat_x.htm

This site really does more than "just trucks". A place for people who own GM vehicles to share all their thoughts. Even people from around the globe (hquick from Australia and others).

Eric from Los Angeles, CA
"I love this forum"

Post 15 Nov Marketwatch 
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/Story.aspx?guid=%7B02894593%2D51C5%2D4A84%2D9E2A%2D81AC4ABE5D8C%7D&siteid=

Last edited by Pecos on Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post 1st and foremost, be aware I am not a financial advisor. 
Do not hold me accountable for ANY of this. I am sharing my own personal analysis, and information that I have gathered for me. Do with this information what YOU wish, and on YOUR own initiative.

Northwest Airlines

Delta Airlines

>>> Important info >>>

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/4337313.html

Last edited by Pecos on Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:25 pm; edited 5 times in total
One very important detail to remember on bankrupt companies though - make sure to NOT buy any pre-bankruptcy stock as it is usually canceled out when the BR is finalized. You want the stuff they issue after the bankruptcy.

Post Re: 1st and foremost, be aware I am not a financial advisor. 
Pecos wrote:
Do not hold me accountable for ANY of this. I am sharing my own personal analysis, and information that I have gathered for me. Do with this information what YOU wish, and on YOUR own initiative.

Northwest Airlines

Delta Airlines

>>> Important info >>>

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/4337313.html

hahaha

Reply to topic Page 1 of 52
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52  Next