RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 51 of 56
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
98 GMC Twin Turbo with 12200411 PCM--- It's Alive

I am running a 4l80 with a 454.

I dont believe there was ever a 454 on a 411 so all the engine tuning will have to be done, but I dont see why you cuouldnt swap the trans segment from a 2002 LS truck 4L80E operating system in to the S10 file that I posted. if you start with an s10 file make sure you swap the engine segment over as well. or you could run the 24x crank sensor on the 454 and just run an LS operating system with 8 coils. they made a coil on plug big block but it was ran on an older pcm, not the 411.

I already have done the swap. The truck runs great. I am pretty sure that I won't be able to get the segment swap stuff done though. HPtuners is rather limited in it's versatility.

I believe you can email HPtuners and they will do segment swapps. i dont know why they would limit their users from doing such things.

1. Removing emissions(egr,evap) will still pass emissions? In my state they plug in check codes and readines status if they are removed does it just say ready?

2. Has anyone figured out a tow haul option? Can the vallet switch be programmed to run seperate parameters such as less timing etc.?

3. 2 bar map sensors can someone tell me more about whats involved in programming that? After reading this I now see what a piece of junk my whipple electronics are.

Im sure Ill think of something else thanks for the help.

Ok read all 51 pages couple questions

1. Removing emissions(egr,evap) will still pass emissions? In my state they plug in check codes and readines status if they are removed does it just say ready?

2. Has anyone figured out a tow haul option? Can the vallet switch be programmed to run seperate parameters such as less timing etc.?

3. 2 bar map sensors can someone tell me more about whats involved in programming that? After reading this I now see what a piece of junk my whipple electronics are.

Im sure Ill think of something else thanks for the help.

you actually do have to pass visual inspection too, so the equipment needs to be on there, but it doesn't necessarily have to work. you can tune it out so they won't be able to read it on the PCM. shoot me a PM about this if you want to I can give you some information about it, but lets not do it in the thread here.

valet mode isn't a separate tune, its just a rpm limit you can set to activate with a switch so the valet doesn't go above like 2000 rpm or something. I don't know if anyone has set up a tow/haul mode on the 411 with a GMt400. even with a tow haul, I believe its just a separate set of some shifting parameters, its not a full blown separate tune.

if you have a 2 bar MAP installed, you need to load a custom OS to get the most out of it, most of us run COS3, which expands the VE table to accomodate the higher kpa readings in boost and provide proper fueling up there. There is also another table that you need to make some changes to in order for the PCM to correctly recognize the 2bar map. but I'm not at my tuning computer so I can't remember the specific table number

Is it possible to do a "lean cruise" with the 0411?

Is it possible to do a "lean cruise" with the 0411?

yes, with proper tuning

Oh thought of another question. I read that the 411 uses a pwm signal to actuate the torque converter can that be tuned out so its just like how my 97 is now? I dont wanna burn up my trans.

Oh thought of another question. I read that the 411 uses a pwm signal to actuate the torque converter can that be tuned out so its just like how my 97 is now? I dont wanna burn up my trans.

You wont burn up your trans. And yes, you can tune the PWM out.

There is:
1) Simple on and off TCC aplly 1993-94
2)PWM 95-97 20-40 rpm of slip
3) ECCC(EC3) which the 98+ trucks use.

different clutch material is used for each application strategy

1) Paper(Cellulose)
2) Kevlar clutch material
3) ECCC(EC3) Carbon based woven fiber

I am using a woven carbon based fiber clutch EC3 TCC in a vehicle that should have a Kevlar clutch. I used to get some TCC shudder and engagement, which really flt nasty, but it hasnt done it in years. But I owuld rather have the on/off engagement of the early system, as it feels like another shift, esp with a TC that stalls at a higher rpm.

Here is a good article on PWM, EC3 and on/off TCC strategies.

http://www.motor.com/magazine/pdfs/062006_07.pdf

peace
Hog

Hey folks, so I thought I'd do kindof a simple how to write up about the 411 for anyone interested in the swap rather than having to point people to this monster thread to wade through. I just finished it if anyone is interested at checking it out. I wrote it in the middle of the night at work, so let me know if I forgot something or need to explain things better...
http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/12200411.html

I'm still working on putting the base tunes on there for people to download, and I am going to add a link over to this thread as well.

Post Another successful 0411 swap! 
A friend just drove over from interstate for the afternoon (5.5hrs) and I swapped an 0411 into his RCSB (took about 4hrs). Flashed a tune into it with TC, took it for a test drive and away he went....another happy 'convertee'.

righteous! I've gotta say, the 411 and efilive are by far the best things I've done to my truck.

Im gettin there slowly but surely Ill get it in

Hey can you tell me what parameter I need to change for the tcc lockup we talked about earlier?

Thanks lex add another one to the list of done everything went well need to adjust some shift points does anyone have stock 97 trans paramaters?

Post Re: Another successful 0411 swap! 
hquick wrote:
A friend just drove over from interstate for the afternoon (5.5hrs) and I swapped an 0411 into his RCSB (took about 4hrs). Flashed a tune into it with TC, took it for a test drive and away he went....another happy 'convertee'.

Keep it up and we are going to have to start importing 411 PCMs.

Good Job
-Justin

Post Good god... 
THere are alot of Justin's in this forum.

Post Re: Good god... 
kag96 wrote:
THere are alot of Justin's in this forum.

oh no, don't get that started again Laughing

I don't know brain, what do you wanna do?

Reply to topic Page 51 of 56
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 54, 55, 56  Next