RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 56
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
98 GMC Twin Turbo with 12200411 PCM--- It's Alive
Post 98 GMC Twin Turbo with 12200411 PCM--- It's Alive 
Got the truck running with the 411PCM. This swap is a piece of cake! Got it wired up-reached thru the window-hit the key and it started Instantly! I have a P1336 code, Crank Variation, so I need to do a relearn. I used Tunercat to install my VIN and disable code P1638 Generator code, because I did not alter the Alternator wiring. ( PUN INTENDED ) The 411 can control the charging of the ALT, but I didn't wire it to do so. The gas gauge did not work at first. The fuel level sensor uses a common ground splice with most of the other engine sensors. With the 411 ALL of the sensors except MAF ground back to the PCM. So, I cut the fuel sensor ground at the main splice and connected it to it's proper pin at the PCM--it works as do all of the gauges ( except speedo---I'll explain ) I still need to wire the speedo. The 98 has 2 green wires and 1 white wire that go into the truck for speed input, but the 411 only has 2 speed sensor outputs. I am thinking that I can just tie these 2 greens together and put them to 1 of PCM outputs. There is also 1 A/C wire that has nowhere to go, it is for A/C cutout. I don't think this will be an issue as the 411 controls A/C cutout at heavy throttle differently. CMP, CKP, and MAF are left wired as stock. This PCM uses the same operating system as some of the LS1 cars. EFILive offers a 2+ bar operating system reflash that will work with this 411. I have the GM 2 bar MAP sensor to install after the reflash. To anybody that is contemplating this swap--GO FOR IT--It was extremely easy. Now I can rev to whatever I want to or that the engine can stand and will be able to compensate for boost. I am going to send the 411 to Wait4Me Performance to have them load the new operating system and start me off with a base file. I will probably wait to purchase EFILive for a little while, they are about to release a new version of tuning software/hardware. Also, I have been spending a little too much money on this project lately---I need to cool it for a while. Jeff--Lextech
Edit: as of Jan 07, the A/C wiring is sorted--All 5 a/c wires are figured out and the A/C works properly.

Last edited by Lextech on Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:58 pm; edited 3 times in total

Yes I have some pics, but I am not too computer savvy and can't figure how to post them here. PM me your e-mail address if you want and I can send them that way.

I will post them here if you send them to me at pswired(at)pswired(dot)com

So are you using a 2001 computer for a Camaro 5.7L LS1?

It's from a Chevy Express van; they have the same engine/trans combo as our trucks do. Actually, the 3/4 tons have 4L80E transmissions, which makes it possible to use the 411 computer to control the trans for that swap too Evil or Very Mad

GOt any pictures of the setup?

I'll post these for Jeff for now, hope he doesn't mind...

Max--350SS You can post anything of mine you want--seeing as I can't figure it out. Stealth--Everything on the truck is homemade by me. By the way, the 01-02 Express Van uses the same emission equipment as the 98-2000 GMT 400 Vortec trucks: so you can leave all of the stock emission stuff intact and operational. The 96-97 GMT 400 Vortec trucks have a few emission parts that are different.

Last edited by Lextech on Sun Nov 19, 2006 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
I forgot to publically thank MAX--350SS for his help with the Excel spreadsheet of pinouts. It is possible to do this swap without it, but it sure makes things much easier. Thank you-MAX! Max, I am going to E-mail some more pics later on today, for you to post please. I don't have the wiring neatened up yet.

Very nice, deep down I knew the 411 PCM would work in our GMT 400 trucks. The 411 PCM is found in the 01-02 fullsize vans as well as the 5.7 LS1 and 01-02 GMT 800 trucks 4.3-8.1 engines.

So if I may go so far as to say we should be able to tune this PCM using HPTners and EFILive, as well as use a Moates Roadrunner Emulator(which allows real time tuning with no flashing or reading of the PCM) to tune these PCM's in our trucks. Also this PCM swap would personally help me to get around teh fact that MXScan does not currently support the 96-97 GMT 400 trucks as of yet.

Just so everyone knows, the 411 PCM can be tuned using the same Tunercat def. file that tunes the 01-02 4.3-8.1L engines.

Dual spark tables is one advantage of these newer PCM's, as well as the opening up tuning software that can be utilized.

Just to let everyone know, that the Commercial Version of EFILive is now on SALE for the price of $500 ($300) as the Version 2 of EFILive's release is just around the corner.
You can convert from Version 1 to Version 2 for $300 at a later date if you wish. The Personal version of EFILives' FlashScan is NO LONGER available. You can tune a maximum of 25 vehicles per EFILive V1 cable at the cost of $99 per vehicle. The Workshop version of EFILive is $6800 and gives you unlimited vehicle tuning.

Awesome work Lextech and 350SS, again PPE Truck Forums have turned another page in the history of the L31 Vortec 350.

peace
Hog

Hey Lextech, I was wondering if you ever stuck a tape measure into a Ramjet intake, intake runner at all?? I was wondering what the itake runner length was??

The cross ram marine intake's intake runner length is 8". The LT1/4 uses 4" runners, the LS1 uses 14" and the TPI uses around 21" runners.

thanks
peace
Hog

I forgot to publically thank MAX--350SS for his help with the Excel spreadsheet of pinouts. It is possible to do this swap without it, but it sure makes things much easier. Thank you-MAX! Max, I am going to E-mail some more pics later on today, for you to post please. I don't have the wiring neatened up yet.

No problem, it's always better to have a collaborative effort so we can double check things Very Happy. I'm just shocked you got things up and running as quickly as you did! As much as I would like to have my truck going with the new pcm right now, I'd rather have someone else be the guinea pig since mine is my daily transportation. Get that thing cleaned up so we can see some pics with the new pcm mounted up and the downpipes in place!! Man, how sweet is it going to be to be able to tune w/ 2 bar speed density! And auto tune VE w/ a wideband! Can you tell I'm excited Evil or Very Mad

Max

Hog--I did not measure the Ramjet runners, but they look to be about 4 1/2 inches.

350SS, would you mind posting a copy of the pinout excel spreadsheet to here (via remote link) or to monodax.com?

I'd like to convert to this PCM as well. I am going to look up the pinouts in AllData DIY as well and see if it is in there and maybe post some links.

The Personal version of EFILives' FlashScan is NO LONGER available.

Looks like if I wait for V2 I'm going to have to get teh commercial version then eh? Wonder if the commercial V2 is worth it over the V1 version for your average newbie home tuner.

Hog wrote:
The Personal version of EFILives' FlashScan is NO LONGER available.

Looks like if I wait for V2 I'm going to have to get teh commercial version then eh? Wonder if the commercial V2 is worth it over the V1 version for your average newbie home tuner.

I meant to say, the Personal Version of EFILive's V1 is currently no longer available. It will be available when V2 comes out I assume.

Sorry for the confusion.

peace
Hog

350SS, would you mind posting a copy of the pinout excel spreadsheet to here (via remote link) or to monodax.com?

I'd like to convert to this PCM as well. I am going to look up the pinouts in AllData DIY as well and see if it is in there and maybe post some links.

I don't mind, I just need to get with Jeff (lextech) and make a couple of corrections. I'd rather get everything straightened out first so people don't go frying their pcms. The pinouts should be the same as those from AllDataDIY, all I did was put it in an excel sheet, sort everything by the circuit involved, and then matched up what pin on the 98 harness goes where on the new 411 pcm. The problem is going to be for 96 & 97 trucks the pinouts are different than 98 & 99 (the one I did was for a 98 ).

Max

Last edited by 350SS on Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Very Nice Job you Guys I have been wondering of this for a while too.. I though that you guys gave up, but it seems that was alot of time invested for some great results!

Lets us know when u post that File!
thanks!
gilbert!

Very Nice, Are you going from both turbos into an intercooler then out to the Ramjet inlet?

Hope you get it tuned & everything works out, Lots of hard work there & a very nice setup. That will look awesome when you get all your wiring & the little odds & ends cleaned up. Great work on the ECM change, I may soon be looking at that swap myself.

More Pics Please, this thing is sweet!

Boosted

Reply to topic Page 1 of 56
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next