RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
AFR Heads for vortec heads
Cool thanks, I'm glad that the pics include a Vortec gasket as well. Those intake ports are huge. I think I might use the GM Performance parts fiber type gaskets as they can be trimmed easier.

Thanks for the pics

peace
Hog

Gasket Kit, Vortec Design
• Designed for Vortec heads P/N 12529093, P/N 12558060,
P/N 12464298 and P/N 12497186 only
• Gasket thickness is 0.120" (1/8"), post size is 1.080" x 2.160"
with tapered wall
• Has both early style 6-bolt pattern and Vortec 4-bolt pattern
• Includes 2 gaskets

I think the torque is increased with these gaskets from 11 lb/ft to the standard 35 lb/ft, but I'd have to check that.

peace
Hog

Your welcome for the pics. Another option for a fiber gasket may be the Felpro 1289, these are for the GM Fastburn heads but are only .060 thick. For now I'm sticking with the Felpro stock replacements since the intake ports are smaller on my intake.

One issue I have is an off the shelf 1 5/8 header isn't gonna work....1 3/4 is gonna be a bare minimum looks like. The exhaust ports match the Felpro 1404 perfectly.

Hey Steamroller, how'd these AFR 0912 heads work out?

peace
Hog

Very happy and somewhat surprised with how well it runs. Even with the LT4 hotcam I don't find myself looking for more lowend power. I split the 10 bolt G80 diff on the test drive so I rebuilt the 9.5 14 bolt with 4.88's and got it back on the road within a couple weeks.

Unless someone just wants to run a Vortec specific intake the 195's are cheaper and should run just as well. If I had it to do over that's probably what I would do since I wound up ditching the Vortec stuff anyways and went with a carb and RPM airgap intake.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2