RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Hey PRO!
Post Hey PRO! 
4/4/2005
'05 COLORADO, super nice, save thousands, $12,998
888-454-4031

If it has electric windows, and is the model Pro is looking for (regular cab at that price I assume), GO FOR IT!

$13k?! WOW! I paid more than that for a 70k mile used truck! Almost 5 grand more!!!

Post 888-454-4031 
Want me to call on it? How about buy it for you? Want me to drive it for you too? Geez, how lazy can ya be? I wasn't even looking for you, I was looking for something for myself and that caught my eye as I was scanning through the new crap for the occasional useful ad. It's incredible the number of SUVs there are sitting on dealer lots around here, more amazing how there are no customers. The import dealers are doing a brisk business though, I imagine they are giving half the retail on SUVs these days. I'm just glad I'm not going to be trying to get rid of mine for a few years. Since I'm not dumping any more money into it other than what it needs, it should be worth whatever they are going for.

Post Better hope it's not a work truck special... 
Saw one of them Colorado work truck packages the other day (barf). I think it would actually look better if you purposely drove the front end into a brick wall and told everybody that is the way it came from the factory. Don't know why they did it, but Chevy keeps the angled blinker lights on the top and puts a big ugly square sealed beam headlight on bottom. You can kind of see it in this pic, it looks like dog crap in real life.

Speeder loves those sealed beam headlights. He actually converted his TO sealed beam from the regular styles. Go figure.

Myself, I don't like the look of sealed beam, but there has to be a reason Speeder did it. Better light output?

Post Better light output, 
and the sealed beams for the full size GMT 400 are very complimentary to the nose. The single large sealed beams are ugly though. No reason why one couldn't buy the truck anyway if it has those, and just install the composite beams if you wanted them.
Oh yeah, and I have about 6 times the light output that I did with the composites, especially when you consider that I can aim the high beams independent of the low beams. Even with the low beams aimed lower than I'd like to be considerate of other drivers the light output is good enough for me to safely drive 70MPH with the low beams on. High beams are safe beyond the top speed of the vehicle. Not to mention, when the oncoming driver is not considerate enough to dim his lights, he feels far, far more pain than I do.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1