RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
New Chevy TrailBlazer SS
Author Message
Reply with quote
Post New Chevy TrailBlazer SS 
www.gm.com

Website says,

TrailBlazer SS redefines the sport in SUV with a Corvette based 6.0 Liter LS2 small block V8 that develops 391 horsepower and 395 lb.ft. of torque, getting you from zero to 60 in under six seconds.

Sounds real good. Anybody know how much it will cost?

Edit note: my bad on typo hp, and as long as I'm editing, think about the GM logic in this SUV getting a 6.0 Vette engine, and the new Pontiac Solstice gets a 2.4?!



Last edited by Makoi on Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
Ummm, I think that's 391 HP. Wink

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
I would drive that.

I guess the Trailblazer SS project was far enough along not to get the axe! I think it's great it got the LS2 instead of the LQ9 and that it's available with AWD.

And best of all, it's more horsepower that the (now dead) Lightning ever was, even with pushrods and only one camshaft. lol

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
Kinda like it....not huge on their interiors though. Wonder if it'd be under 5 with a good set of 17s?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post  
Now there is something I would trade in the Typhoon for.
I would still add some sort of force induction. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply with quote
Post  
GM, YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION. DON'T SCREW IT UP.
Is this AWD, or what? Have the reliablity issues of the trailblazer been addressed? Anybody got a guess as to pricing? Floor shift or column shift?

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
I've been checking around on this a little. AWD is a option. No price yet.


View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply with quote
Post  
saturnstyl wrote:
GM, YOU HAVE MY ATTENTION. DON'T SCREW IT UP.
Is this AWD, or what? Have the reliablity issues of the trailblazer been addressed? Anybody got a guess as to pricing? Floor shift or column shift?


What are the reliability issues of the Trailblazer? I've never followed the midsize SUV line much myself.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post  
I have heard of a/c problems, 4wd problems, fan clutch problems, muffler/exhaust problems, squeaks, rattles, etc... There was a particularly nasty article in an automotive magazine about their long term test trailblazer. They said they took it in many times to be repaired for various intermittent issues, and eventually GM took it back, fixed it and redelivered it because the dealers couldn't seem to fix it. They mentioned how a consumer would feel being unable to get this special treatment because they were not a major automotive publication capable of telling the public about what was going on. That article left a real bad taste in my mouth about the trailblazer. Sounds kind of similar to what some of us here have experienced with various vehicles.
To clarify, I would like to hear from anybody who has a Trailblazer, and the sorts of issues, if any, they have dealt with.

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
were having same problems with the jimmy in the early 90s also. all gm trucks go to the shop regularly it seems.

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
My wife had a 95 GMC Jimmy and had no service problems with that vehicle. The only thing I didn't like was the hump on the front passenger side floor. She has a Nissan Murano now (I don't like it, she does) and that was in the bump shop recently. While there, I rented a GMC Envoy. I think this is the TrailBlazer's cousin, but I haven't kept up with detail changes/similarities between the Envoy and TrailBlazer. Anyway, the floor hump is gone, the Envoy is larger than the 95 Jimmy, very smooth ride, but much bulkier weight wise than the 95. If the TrailBlazer is like that Envoy that I rented, an SS model will have to shed quite a few pounds to make it livlier.

Maybe I can get to a Dealer in the next couple of days and get some more of the low down on this.

And,... it's Thursday! Pro still doesn't have his Colorado, maybe Pro will hold out for a while longer and get a TrailBlazer SS.

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
Makoi wrote:
My wife had a 95 GMC Jimmy and had no service problems with that vehicle. The only thing I didn't like was the hump on the front passenger side floor. She has a Nissan Murano now (I don't like it, she does) and that was in the bump shop recently. While there, I rented a GMC Envoy. I think this is the TrailBlazer's cousin, but I haven't kept up with detail changes/similarities between the Envoy and TrailBlazer. Anyway, the floor hump is gone, the Envoy is larger than the 95 Jimmy, very smooth ride, but much bulkier weight wise than the 95. If the TrailBlazer is like that Envoy that I rented, an SS model will have to shed quite a few pounds to make it livlier.

Maybe I can get to a Dealer in the next couple of days and get some more of the low down on this.

And,... it's Thursday! Pro still doesn't have his Colorado, maybe Pro will hold out for a while longer and get a TrailBlazer SS.


Dang youre up early.
Maybe I should get a home grown one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34430&item=4541181783&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Not really.

Iv only been licensed to drive for 8 years and Iv already been broken into 4 times, if I get an SS itll be stolen with my luck.

http://benlincoln.com/fun.mpg

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
Up at 4:30, out by 5:00 or so usually. Best part is I'm usually back home by 1:00. Today I stopped at my GMC Dealer, Jim Muir. SHOCK! The lot is empty, the building is empty, and there's signs saying it's permanently closed and where customers should go for continued service. So, I went to the Pontiac Dealer down the road where my records have supposedly been sent, and there's nobody there from Muir. The guy I spoke with didn't really know what happened with the Muir Dealership, other than the last couple of years have been slow.

Well, anyway... the Pontiac Dealer will be handling GMC trucks now and I asked if GMC would have an equal to the TrailBlazer SS. Answer... they don't know.

I asked if the Canyon would be available with a V8. Answer... they don't know.

I asked if the G6 coupe would be available in any other exterior color other than black. Answer... they don't know.

(Sigh) Isn't it frustrating asking questions of people who should know, but don't?



Last edited by Makoi on Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:44 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
Pro wrote:

Dang youre up early.
Maybe I should get a home grown one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34430&item=4541181783&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Not really.

Iv only been licensed to drive for 8 years and Iv already been broken into 4 times, if I get an SS itll be stolen with my luck.

http://benlincoln.com/fun.mpg


Every time you've been broken into it's for the radio, right?

Just don't buy an aftermarket deck....ever. If you want a system, put it behind a GM deck with a good amp and speakers in the factory locations w/ a hidden sub.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply with quote
Post  
endo wrote:
Pro wrote:

Dang youre up early.
Maybe I should get a home grown one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34430&item=4541181783&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Not really.

Iv only been licensed to drive for 8 years and Iv already been broken into 4 times, if I get an SS itll be stolen with my luck.

http://benlincoln.com/fun.mpg


Every time you've been broken into it's for the radio, right?

Just don't buy an aftermarket deck....ever. If you want a system, put it behind a GM deck with a good amp and speakers in the factory locations w/ a hidden sub.


I left my radio in my truck and they only took my PS2. Didn't take my $500.00 flip out deck.

I never leave my faceplate in anymore though.

I opted to hide both my amps and subwoofers. My televisions will be behind the visor, hidden as well.

My PS2 has a custom built console around it now. It is really tricked out. Can't even see the thing.

So yes, hidden is the best.

View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote
Post  
[quote="saturnstyl"]I have heard of a/c problems, 4wd problems, fan clutch problems, muffler/exhaust problems, squeaks, rattles, etc...

Don't forget all the BCM problems and heated seat issues!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum