RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Van body switch 4l80e won’t shift properly
Post Van body switch 4l80e won’t shift properly 
I have two Chevy express vans. 2000 5.7 Quigley 4 x 4 and a 2001 high top diesel. The original plan was to put the diesel motor on the 4 x 4 chassis when I switched the bodies. The diesel motor wouldn’t fit with the four-wheel-drive pumpkin front end. I went ahead and switched the bodies anyways but left the gas motor. I’ve since learned that the DRAC module won’t control my speedometer which is causing the transmission to not shift properly. Does anybody have an idea on how to hook up VSS to the pcm? Maybe a stand alone computer? Don’t really care about the speedometer, but I want to get the transmission to shift when it’s supposed to. I’m truly at my wits end with this project, but want to see it through. Thanks for any help

Move the electronics from the old gas body to the new one? It worked on the original body, should work on the new one.

What was the interference on the diesel with the 4x4?

The oil pan on diesel was to big to clear the front pumpkin on the 4x4 and I’d already sent the other body to the scrap yard after I got it running. I didn’t realize that the 4l80e needs a speedometer to work properly. Thanks

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1