RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Dyno tune 95% done
Post Dyno tune 95% done 
I am pleased with the #'s so far. Put 475hp and 500ft/lbs to the wheels. It's a 96 stock block/ported stock heads custom boost cam (231/238-.564/.582-114lsa)383 w/ D1-s procharger 3.8 pulley(~14lbs). When I go back to the Dyno it will have a 3.4 pulley on it, should put ~500/530 to the wheels.

Johnnie P.

These #'s are with the Marine intake and 411 swap. 2.02/1.60 valves, splayed 4-bolt mains

Johnnie

Post Re: Dyno tune 95% done 
96-vortec@9psi wrote:
I am pleased with the #'s so far. Put 475hp and 500ft/lbs to the wheels. It's a 96 stock block/ported stock heads custom boost cam (231/238-.564/.582-114lsa)383 w/ D1-s procharger 3.8 pulley(~14lbs). When I go back to the Dyno it will have a 3.4 pulley on it, should put ~500/530 to the wheels.

Johnnie P.

So a little more than ported huh?

A little bit, but they are gm factory heads w/ big valves,1.6 rr. I'm trying to put a pic up with a vid, if I can figure out how.

Last edited by 96-vortec@9psi on Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Where bouts in KC are you and what dyno shop are you using??? I'm at 154th and Metcalf in OP. (truck is in CO right now)

TJ

Do you have a posi or locker rear end?

Nice looking truck, mine is an exact copy, except your body work is nice, mine is not.

I so wish that someone made the 454SS/Sierra GT rims in 15x10 with a 6.5" BS. I love the look of the stock chrome rims. My fav aluminum stock rim is the Ronal Tahoe Limited rims.

What supension drop your running there? I like the stance, but would probably add an inch or 2 to have a bit more of a forward rake.

Nice truck man, I bet its really fun now.

sounds like another successful marine intake swap.

peace
Hog

Where bouts in KC are you and what dyno shop are you using??? I'm at 154th and Metcalf in OP. (truck is in CO right now)
I'm in Lee's Summit,south east of KC. I used MC racing in Merriam, they tune for Procharger(they are based in OP).

[/quote]Do you have a posi or locker rear end?[quote]It has an Eton posi with stock 3:42 in the stock 10bolt.

Quote:
Nice looking truck, mine is an exact copy, except your body work is nice, mine is not.

I so wish that someone made the 454SS/Sierra GT rims in 15x10 with a 6.5" BS. I love the look of the stock chrome rims. My fav aluminum stock rim is the Ronal Tahoe Limited rims.

What supension drop your running there? I like the stance, but would probably add an inch or 2 to have a bit more of a forward rake.

Nice truck man, I bet its really fun now.

sounds like another successful marine intake swap.

peace
Hog
Thanks for the compliments. I have 20" Aluminum wheels for the summer cruising(295 rear tire), and old 17" impalla SS wheels for Drag radials. the front is a Belltech 2" spindle 2" spring, rear is Air Ride 5 bar bags that I have hooked up to manual valves to raise or lower the truck.

I hope to get to the track and see some quick times, low 12's or high 11's Evil or Very Mad Cool

I went out to the track last night and ran a 12.8 @113mph w/ 2.1 60ft. I spun bad off the line. The second run I broke the trans. during the burn out. I have been putting off the 4l80 for too long, the time is now.

Johnnie

Nice numbers and track times. That mph has high 11s potential. Where's the engine bay pics? Evil or Very Mad

Awesome news on the times Johnie. 12's are simply unheard of on an L31 setup.

I see you ran a 2.1 60ft, if you hook, what do you 60??
If I hook 100% I run 2.1's as well, my best being a 2.007 amazingly enough the 2.007 came on 275/6015's on the passenger side, and 235/70/15's on the passenger side. I was running an open dif at the time and was trying out some different theories regarding traction.
That 2.007 pass was with the L35 V6 2700rpm TC and 3.42 open dif with the stock L31 intake. I ran a 15.3 @ 68mph as I got a really bad driveline vibration and had to let off and brake hard at 3/4 track. Pretty good ET IMO considering how I had to brake. My best ET with 4.10's, stock intake, stock TC and 4.10's was 14.8. With my current setup, I shoud be able to better my 14.8.
Hopefully I can make a passs this season.

When you install your new trans, what TC stall speed will you be looking at?
The centrifugals need more stall that the positive displacement chargers like the Roots(magnacharger) and screwchargers(Whipple Autorotor).

With the 80e you will need to overcome the 2.48:1 1st gear compared to the 60e/56e'sshorter 3.06:1 1st gear ratio.

On the flipside, bad news about the trans, sorry to hear about that.

Again congrats on the 12's. I remember growing up, that I always thought that a 12 second car/truck actually looked quick when wathcing it make its pass. I will get there someday, in a few years, when student loans are paid off.
I am not going to make the mistake of selling my truck. I will park it in storage for a few years before I ever sell it. Its RWD, is big enough for me to sit comfortably. HAs better visibility than ANY car, and I can fix pretty much any problem that happens myself. Lots of romm under the hood, and I can pull the engine or drop the trans pretty quickly if need be.

I love these rcsb GMT400 trucks.

peace
Hog

Nice numbers and track times. That mph has high 11s potential. Where's the engine bay pics?
I will have to get some engine bay pics. I lined up against a C5 vette, it ran a 12.3 @123mph w/ 2.1 60ft. It was nice to be in the race with a vette.

Quote:
Awesome news on the times Johnie. 12's are simply unheard of on an L31 setup.

I see you ran a 2.1 60ft, if you hook, what do you 60??
with the stock motor and the p1-sc (9psi) I had a 1.9 60ft 13.7@101mph. This one run has been the only run with the new setup. with a good launch I think that I can get the 1.9 again. I have AirRide on the back and I need to figure out the best air pressure(ran them at 50psi, I think thats too much) to run the bags at. I still need to get the final tune done with more boost.

I know that there is at least a 12.25 in her. more power,better launch, and who knows.

Thanks again for all of the info and compliments, w/o the help from you guys on this site (Marine intake,411pcm)I would not be this fast.

Johnnie

I'm Jealous. 12.80s @ 113 is moving---Congrats. The best my little 305 has gone is 13.01 @ 110. I'm hoping with a little better starting line technique it will go faster.

Jeff

I'm Jealous. 12.80s @ 113 is moving---Congrats. The best my little 305 has gone is 13.01 @ 110. I'm hoping with a little better starting line technique it will go faster.

Jeff

No! Not a 305 going damn near as fast as a Vortec 350! Say it ain't so Lex, say it ain't so! Laughing Laughing Laughing Evil or Very Mad

Lextech wrote:

Jeff

No! Not a 305 going damn near as fast as a Vortec 350! Say it ain't so Lex, say it ain't so! Laughing Laughing Laughing Evil or Very Mad

The key here is were talking how fast, not "how damn near fast" There is a difference Laughing Laughing Laughing

Boosted

Speeder wrote:
Lextech wrote:

Jeff

The key here is were talking how fast, not "how damn near fast" There is a difference Laughing Laughing Laughing

Boosted

Lextech wrote:
... with a little better starting line technique it will go faster.

Jeff

But he blames the difference on his own launch technique, not the engine.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next