Block heater

Performance modifications, tips & tricks

Moderators: flyingpolarbear, Eric@PPE, VicC, James B.

Chevy 97
Location: 97 ECSB K1500 6.3L 4L80E 14 bolt SF Hydro Boost, Headman Ellite Headers, 140 amp alt.

Block heater

Post by Chevy 97 »

I checked the cord first since they break at times. Not this time, it was the block heater.

So far I have removed the 02 sensor to get the driveline out of the way, then removed the filter, one transmission brace. and the oil filter housing to get better room for the block heater, just have to drain coolant.

97k15004wd

Post by 97k15004wd »

That's a lot of work!

Chevy 97
Location: 97 ECSB K1500 6.3L 4L80E 14 bolt SF Hydro Boost, Headman Ellite Headers, 140 amp alt.

Post by Chevy 97 »

Since the coolant was drained out, I removed one of the temp sensors and resealed it because of a leak.

I blocked this off because the new rad has a connector for the heater hose to go directly into the tank. It to was leaking, so I replaced the hose.

I got all the parts cleaned up, looked at the new gasket and O-ring. the dealership gave me the wrong part, so I had to go back and exchange it. I also picked up two new clips for the oil cooler lings. Naturally the top clip was the hardest one to put on, also the top line was the hardest to put in. I have coolant in the radiator, I just have to park outside and run engine till the thermostat opens, hopefully the cooling system is bled of air. I just have the front skid plate to put on and this project is done. I probably did not have to remove what I did, but it just made more room to work with in replacing the block heater.