RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Different MAP sensor for supercharged applications?
Post Different MAP sensor for supercharged applications? 
It has been a few years since I've been on here, my Whipple failed and life got in the way. Well I finally got it back on the road, thanks in part to James B selling me his nice used s/c (in 2014 lol) The truck is a 98 K1500 5.7 LT4 hotcam, shorty headers, marine intake, 36# injectors, 411 ecm, meth injection, whipple with small pulley @ 11lbs boost, tune.
My question is are you guys using a MAP sensor from a S/C application? I noticed one from a late model S/C 3800 is different than a N/A 3800. Physically looks the same, but different part#. Is there any need or benefit to using one? Thanks

[/img]

The NA MAP reads up to 14.7 psi/1 BAR of pressure, the S/C version reads up to 14.7 of normal atmospheric pressure and another 14.7psi of boost for just under 30psi total or 2BAR(2 atmospheres of pressure). Remember at sea level a MAP will read around 14.7 psi Key On Engine Off.
If you are pushing 14.7-29.4psi/2-3BAR of BOOST, you would need a 3 BAR MAP, but you can tune around any MAP restriction.

peace
Hog

Thanks Hog, I had it tuned with the existing map so I guess I'll just leave it be. At least until the next mod that requires a new tune. At that point, from your info, I see no reason not to change it as the s/c map does the same and more than the n/a.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1