RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
head lights on 2003 gmc
Post head lights on 2003 gmc 
any suggestions on replacement headlights on the 2003 Sierra?

Are all the aftermarket brands equal or is there a difference?

I normally run Sylvania Silverstars in mine, although I'm going to be trying Phillips 9011s in place of the 9006 low beams. The 9011s have a larger tab than the 9006 on the mount so they will require trimming. The 9011s produce about 2400 lumens vs the 1000 to 1400 lumens of the 9006. High beams are 9005.

One thing to watch is the color. You want a nice white light, not a blue light. Blue light will wash out at night, particularly when it rains. Blue headlights are for the enjoyment of oncoming traffic, not the driver. The Silverstar color temperature is 4000K, which makes a nice, white light that will light up the road. If you drive in a foggy area, you want a lower color temp which will give you more of a yellow light which will cut through rain and fog better than a whiter light. A white light will do an excellent job of illuminating fog instead of cutting through it like yellow light will. 3500K is a nice balance between white and yellow, but I still prefer running a whiter light as I don't see a lot of fog.

I guess I didn't clarify. I was talking about the housing/lens, not the bulbs

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1