RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Help I'm lost!
Post Help I'm lost! 
I have a 99 4dr Hoe with the l31 that I installed a cam, long tube headers, wit cat and egr deleted. My problem after cam install and retune. I get random misfire code p0300.. when I use my buddies Scanner I catch all cylinders misfiring at idle only. It doesn't feel like its misfiring. I checked for vacuum Leaks and haven't found any. I asked Justin from blackbear performance said it was possibly do to crank relearn, which I have done with no success. Can you guys give me any ideas?
I have emmisons soon. I need to take care of this..
I have another issue also that when I decelerate the truck. It stays at a high idle. Depends on the speed I go.. if I hit 40 mph it stays their for a while then VERY gradually it drops down. Even if I brake, I don't think this is normal.

Just in case when I installed cam I also replaced timing chain kit, head gaskets, valve springs, and spider with updated ones also had heads checked and resurface since I was replacing the gaskets
After cam install i replaced idle air control valve, throttle position sensor ( I taught this would fix her) then mass airflow it went out.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks SS. I'm going to have to find someone local to tune it

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1