RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
LS Swap - 2003 6.0 into a 97 GMT 400
Post LS Swap - 2003 6.0 into a 97 GMT 400 
I know there is a lot of info out there on this but I haven't found my exact scenario. I picked up a solid 97 Cheyenne with a 4.3L automatic and swapped to a 2003 6.0L from an automatic 2500 HD and mated it to a T56 from a 2000 Camaro. I have pinouts from Lextech and I'm ready to get started swapping computers.
(1) should I completely UNPIN the 2003 harness from the two 80 pin connectors before starting to swap pins in from the 97 harness?
(2) will the 6 cylinder to 8 cylinder conversion be made in the PCM retune? Is that the only 6 to 8 change I need to make?
(3) what do I need (or not need) since I am going from automatic to T56 manual?
(4) anybody have a solution to go from a 10mm bubble flare on my 90 clutch master cylinder to the f-body quick connect on the slave cylinder? I pulled the clutch pedal and master from my retired 90 sitting out back... Didn't expect the trouble with making the hydraulic line - went to the local hydraulic specialty shop and he couldn't get there?

I'm sure I'll have more, like I said I know there is a ton of info out there, I've been reading various posts for a week but this is my first swap so don't want to fubar it... Also trying to get it done so my son can drive it away from his wedding on October 15 so time is short. Thanks. Tim

1. If you want to completely unpin the wiring, make sure to label each wire where it was on the harness for both harnesses. You don't want to lose track of where 320 wires are supposed to go. 1 or 2 wires you can just use a jeweler's screwdriver to unlock the pins but doing a whole harness repin, it's worth it to get the correct pin tool.
2. You will need the 2003 PCM to run the 2003 engine. It is already set up to run the 6.0. If you don't want to cough up a grand for it, check your local dyno tuning shops to see who does EFI Live. Ask them if they know how to do a SEGMENT SWAP TO PUT A MANUAL TRANSMISSION SEGMENT INTO YOUR PCM. If not, they can find out the procedure on the EFI Live forum.
3. You will need EFI Live to upload a manual transmission segment to your 2003 PCM.

Thanks. I do have the 2003 PCM and DBW gas pedal. I started switching pins one at a time for the same reason you mentioned, too much to keep track of. A bunch of discrepancies vs the pinout file I have for the V8. Most so far associated with the Injectors but also with IAC and CKP. I'm thinking for the injectors it's simple, just need to wire them per the V8 pinout and have the PCM reset to V8. Will have to add two to make up for the missing ones I guess? Not sure about the IAC and CKP differences though? Any thoughts?

Lextech is our wiring pro. However, I would have used the wiring harness that came with the V8 and integrated it into the truck's harness, not the other way around.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1