RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
99-06 twin turbo setup 2200 bucks
Post 99-06 twin turbo setup 2200 bucks 
Not mine. My brother is about to hop up one of his F-bodies and asked me to look into a few things. Decided to look into a few more things.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-06-Silverado-Sierra-NEW-1000HP-TWIN-Turbo-Kit-Turbocharger-Vortec-V8-LS-/161897292931?fits=Year%3A2000%7CMake%3AChevrolet%7CModel%3ASilverado+1500%7CSubmodel%3ALS%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A5.3L&hash=item25b1d4a483:g:OXgAAOSw~otWcawo&vxp=mtr

If I had a garage I'd look at this. My truck's drivetrain will already handle it with the possible exception of the rear axles.

Post Re: 99-06 twin turbo setup 2200 bucks 
Speeder wrote:
Not mine. My brother is about to hop up one of his F-bodies and asked me to look into a few things. Decided to look into a few more things.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-06-Silverado-Sierra-NEW-1000HP-TWIN-Turbo-Kit-Turbocharger-Vortec-V8-LS-/161897292931?fits=Year%3A2000%7CMake%3AChevrolet%7CModel%3ASilverado+1500%7CSubmodel%3ALS%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A5.3L&hash=item25b1d4a483:g:OXgAAOSw~otWcawo&vxp=mtr

If I had a garage I'd look at this. My truck's drivetrain will already handle it with the possible exception of the rear axles.

A buddy of mine bought that exact kit from someone off ebay but he only paid about $1600 we installed it & it was a direct bolt on in his full-size, he only has a 4.8 but we changed the injectors & it made some nice power,but it is a very cheap kit it needs some improvements but it definitely woke up the weak 4.8 for only $1600.00, Lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Electric-Supercharger-Kit-Turbo-Chip-Performance-For-Chevy-/252469184634?fits=Year%3A1998%7CMake%3AChevrolet%7CModel%3ATahoe%7CSubmodel%3ALT%7CEngine+-+Liter_Display%3A5.7L&hash=item3ac856087a:m:mu2o05OG1wnRuc-d399o8Gg&vxp=mtr

I really didn't look much into it. When I did, I found that the system does not have a good reputation. I for one will steer clear. Actually, I'm out of the game for a while. Gonna have to get Chevy97 down here to build me a garage or something. Laughing When you have to do it outside on gravel it's either too danged hot, too danged cold or too danged nice out to be wrenching.

My brother is looking at duplicating a supercharged LS3 with a 200 shot of nitrous. He wanted me to look the parts over. Told him he can put whatever he wants, then I'll put that system on my truck and roast him. His engine guy wants him to use an aluminum 5.3 for a building base (no idea why) and I'm trying to steer him at doing a proper 6.2.

Incidentally, [url=http://www.ststurbochargers.com/#!sts-turbo/ckwg]STS Turbo[/url] went bankrupt. Apparently the original owner bought a lot of the gear needed to build systems back and is trying to get started again.

My brother is looking at duplicating a supercharged LS3 with a 200 shot of nitrous. He wanted me to look the parts over. Told him he can put whatever he wants, then I'll put that system on my truck and roast him. His engine guy wants him to use an aluminum 5.3 for a building base (no idea why) and I'm trying to steer him at doing a proper 6.2

Confused
Lighter by what? 100lbs, but no were near as strong.

80lbs, it seems. Yeah, we're talking about that but his head (believe it or not) is harder than mine even. He's still in the planning stage though, and he's kinda like my dad in that I can plant the idea today, he will hate it and think it's the worst way possible, then I bring it up in a couple more weeks and it sounds pretty good.

Just add boost https://www.summitracing.com/oh/parts/nal-19299306/overview/

Nah, if he was going to spend that much on a short block he'd spend a bit more on a short block. Thanks though...

Nah, if he was going to spend that much on a short block he'd spend a bit more on a short block. Thanks though...

Yes of course but it's not boost friendly at 11:1 and it's a 7.4 not a 6.2 like you said.
And you know how dealing with "engine builders" can be....

One of the good thing about aluminum blocks though, is the heat transfer. Good for boosted applications.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1