Performance modifications, tips & tricks
Moderators: flyingpolarbear, Eric@PPE, VicC, James B.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:25 pm
- Location: Nicoma Park, OK
Went to pull a part today to get a manifold for the sbc. Found one that looked like it would work off a mid 80s van. When I went to put it on the bolt spacing was different. About a 1/4 in off. I have a crate engine 350 w vortec heads. What manifolds do I need to get. I didn't know gm had different spacing.
- Posts: 10772
- Joined: Fri Apr 30, 1999 9:12 pm
- Location: 2015 Tahoe 2WD 5.3L 6L80E, 2008 Colorado work beater, 2003 Dodge Dakota pro-touring project
Those would have been a non-Vortec engine if it was an 80s model van. You need manifolds off a Vortec engine, or a 96+ GMT400 bodied truck.
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:12 pm
- Location: Salt Lake, 97K1500,ECSB, 383,Whipple,0411,Marine, 03K2500,CCSB,8.1&Allison, Whipple in progress
GM manifolds shrink to. Might need stretched to install