RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
3/4 Ton Diesel
Post 3/4 Ton Diesel 
Looking at selling my crew cab Sierra and upgrading to a 2500 or 3500. I'm not opposed to a 3500 but they're probably out of my budget. I own my 1500 outright and I think I can get about 13k for it. I'm willing to put down about 2k in cash, and willing to assume a note for about 10k or so. That puts me able to spend about 25k on something different. A couple buddies, who are GM guys, are pushing me towards the Dodge line. I'd prefer to stay with a GMC since that's the brand I've driven for so long. But, my needs at this point are purely performance driven, and I don't mean smoke tires, haul ass. I need something that can haul work trailers and get good mileage when empty. My truck is my office and I need to feel comfortable in it. I need a crew cab since I can't keep my hands off the wife and she keeps having kids...

What advice do y'all have? Any years to stay away from? I'm looking at something 2007+.

Thanks!

The Ram 1500 diesel is having cam issues after a relatively short while (for a diesel). The cam gear is pressed onto the camshaft and not keyed. After a while it drifts off location and creates issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XzdYl5iCYQ

I had a Ram 3500 with the Cummins. Great Engine! Truck developed "death wobble" at 31K miles and the dealer replaced the steering box, tie rods, stabilizer, and track arm. Did no good - needed ball joints but they wouldn't replace those. Traded it in at 35.5K miles (before the warranty went out). Loved the truck though! Just luck of the draw on mine - and I lost.

I would recommend driving all of them and using a list of things you need, want, and can live without to measure each of them by. Makes the test driving less subjective and more quantifiable. Good luck in your search!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkymFVjDrhA

2007 Ram with 5.9L, 22 mpg no exhaust fluid, mega cab(rear seats even recline), 1 ton for smoother ride

just FYI 2004+ Rams with Cummins are stolen as much as chevy 1500s in the 90s.

Post Re: 3/4 Ton Diesel 
daddy_dandy wrote:
What advice do y'all have?

I recommend a vasectomy. Once you start shooting blanks there's no need to worry about keeping your hands off the wife. Plus it's just roll and go after that, none of the messy, unpleasant prepwork involved or risk of failure in keeping the population down. I had it done right after my second kid was born about 25 years ago and it was one of the best decisions the wife and I ever made.

Post Re: 3/4 Ton Diesel 
Speeder wrote:
daddy_dandy wrote:
What advice do y'all have?

I recommend a vasectomy. Once you start shooting blanks there's no need to worry about keeping your hands off the wife. Plus it's just roll and go after that, none of the messy, unpleasant prepwork involved or risk of failure in keeping the population down. I had it done right after my second kid was born about 25 years ago and it was one of the best decisions the wife and I ever made.

There's also a part of me that enjoys having kiddos. Problem is I have super sperm. I bet I could have a kid after a vascetomy. I'm not trying to brag, it's a fucking problem!

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1