RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Marine intake and ls2 dbw tb
Post Marine intake and ls2 dbw tb 
I plan to use the marine intake on the 97 5.7 vortec I am putting in my 02 Sonoma I also plan to use the efi connection 24x reluctor wheel with ls2 coils and ls2 dbw throttle body. And 97-02 corvette TAC module and pedal. I want to keep all emissions components like egr and evap.

First question I have is what is the part number on the marine intake and what is a good source to get one? I found one on eBay from Buffalo NY about an hour from were I live is it the right one? It says 2000 mercruiser
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Mercruiser-5-0-5-7-6-2-V8-MPI-Fuel-Injection-Intake-manifold-/112070839819?hash=item1a17f14e0b%3Ag%3AFJoAAOSw0fhXlnuN&_trkparms=pageci%253A3105dc18-532d-11e6-b7dc-005056bb7e3e%257Cparentrq%253A2732512c1560a793af454bddfffcd599%257Ciid%253A1

Next question I have is will a marine intake be able to be adapted to use a ls2 throttle body? They are 4 bolt and 90mm. I was thinking enlarging the stock 78mm hole to 90mm filling in the stock bolt holes and drilling 4 new ones if there is enough room on that part of the intake manifold. Has anyone done that? If not there is adapters to mount an ls2 throttle body onto ls1's, that would work but would be pointless because it still restricts down to the stock 78mm hole so if I have to go that route I would probably just use a ls1 dbw throttle body. Either way has anyone ran dbw throttle body on a marine intake? If so does it clear the fuel rails? Ik cable throttle bodys need a spacer under them to clear the cruise control so that is why I was wondering if the actuator would clear it?

One other question is does anyone know anywere that sells wiring harnesses to swap an ls1 into a s10 with the 411 computer? The truck already has that computer and I could probably adapt the stock harness to work but thought it would be easier to find a ls swap harness. Most of what I have found for harnesses are for cable throttle body swaps not dbw swaps except for painless. But painless says it does not include any emissions related connections. should I just buy the painless harness and add the emissions related wires and connectors from the stock harness?

What material is the upper part of the marine intake made out of?

Edit:
From rereading the marine intake swap thread the upper part is aluminum so for the ls2 throttle body I can probably take an aluminum throttle body spacer for an ls2 cut a hole in the upper intake were stock throttle body was the size and shape of the ls2 throttle body spacer and tig weld the aluminum spacer to the manifold then the ls2 throttle body will bolt on. And I can do it so the hight is just enough to clear the injector rails

Last edited by 87bluebird on Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:19 am; edited 2 times in total
What material is the upper part of the marine intake made out of?

Cast aluminum

Cast aluminum

Can cast aluminum be tig welded to billet aluminum?

That's why I wasn't specific cause I don't know the exact aloy mix.
I doubt it would be magnesium. Ill see if I can do a test.
An experience welder should know.

Ill take a pic of the intake hole with a measuring tape when I have a chance.

The throttle opening is 76mm. The outside edge of the ring is at 89mm.
Shavings off the upper intake won't burn so it's not magnesium and they are very brittle.

There is howerver a 4 bolt type:
http://pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=317&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1140

That 4 bolt manifold makes it simpler. 1200 plus shipping ain't bad considering its new and is already set up for 4 bolt throttle body. I have never seen that one before. Wonder what size throttle body that is and if it can be used or if I would still have to get a ls2 throttle body.

It says 2008 or newer were they still using vortec 5.7s in 08?

There is one of the 4 bolt ones on ebay used for $595 this is one of the pictures of the bottom of it

Yes it's possible to veld cast alu. to billet alu.

It says 2008 or newer were they still using vortec 5.7s in 08?

Yes, they used GEN 1E 350's into 2013 IIRC.

peace
Hog

The 4 bolt marine upper uses a smaller bolt pattern than the LS2.. The marine upper uses a LS4 bolt pattern..

The 4 bolt marine upper uses a smaller bolt pattern than the LS2.. The marine upper uses a LS4 bolt pattern..
As in the weird GEN 3 LS4 5.3 with the shorter overall length that was used in the FWD cars and such?

peace
Hog

Yes. I made an adapter to go from the 4 bolt flange to the 3 bolt throttle body. I have the dimensions for them somewhere if some one needs them

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1