RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
AC airbox drain cleaning trick requested.
Post AC airbox drain cleaning trick requested. 
Is there a trick that makes it easier to clean the front AC-airbox?

Mine seems to drain too slow and I can hardly get to the drain opening. I blew some compressed air into the drain opening, but still drains slow.

It's a 90 degree rubber nipple, right down next to the exhaust. Over time it dries out, gets hard and won't open correctly. I'd suggest replacing it. When you take the old one off, run some water through the fresh air intake at the hood opening. Make sure to not put so much in that it floods the interior. A baby bottle brush from the outside can also be used to clean the opening in the firewall. You can also get a foaming HVAC coil cleaner to clean the crap out.

I just checked it again, but in my case there is actually no nipple. So there is only a solid tube that reaches out about 3/8 inch out of the airbox right next to the two heater hose connectors. Looks like it would make sense for this tube to have a rubber nipple on. The way it is right now (so on my vehicle without the 90 degree nipple), the tube is looking into the downdraft of the fan, so debris ingestion/clogging might be the result.

I have the rear AC on this truck and unfortunately the rear AC metal lines are routed right next to this drain line, so access to it is not the best. So for now I just blew some more compressed air into it. It was late already, I'll try out the AC for results tomorrow during the day.

I pulled my blower motor out and went in with a shop vac and air nozzle. Some soap and water and Ita much cleaner now

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1