RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
marine intake injectors
Post marine intake injectors 
Just picked up a maine intake but dont know what lb the injectors are all i can find syas they are gm injectors. They have numbers stamped on the side and I read somewhere that the 8 digit numbers were telling about the injector. the 8 digits stamped on these read 12567 905, do these numbers mean anything to anyone on here? I am just trying to find out what lb injectors I have, the intake is the 350 vortec and some post on here state they are 29lbs aprox. any help would be appreciated. Been waiting to find and install one these for 3 years its getting closer now

The pioneers of the Marine swap have determined this:
Quote:

2. The included injectors are Delphi EV6 24lbs/hr. @ 43.5psi. units with USCAR connectors. (See PIC) They work out to about 27lbs/hr. at this fuel pressures of about 53psi. These connectors are used on some Ford SVT models and the LS2 and LS7 engines. They are high impedance (~14ohm) and the same physical dimensions from o-ring to o-ring as standard Bosch type injectors. (See DIAGRAM)

Dunno if those are the same injectors.

http://www.pacificp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=317&start=0

They are an EV6 injector with USCAR connectors
This is a Delphi catalogue about the EV6 injector with USCAR connectors
http://catalog.delphi.com/connectors/assets/product_brochure/Injector_LR.pdf

GM marine injectors=12567905
Mercruiser p/n 885176 $312 list a piece

The marine intake regulator is a 58 psi or 4 BAR unit. With the vacuum reference unplugged, or at WOT(low vacuum), it allows 58 psi of fuel pressure, then when you hook the vacuum reference hose back up a idle(high vacuum) brings he pressure down to about 50-52 psi You want to use the higher (vacuum source unplugged) pressure in your IFR(Injector Flow Rate) calculations. The whole point of the vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator is to keep the pressure differential across the injector pintle consistent as the manifold pressure increases and decreases along with throttle and engine speed changes.

These injectors flow 25 lb/hr at 3BAR (43.5psi) of fuel pressure, or 28.87 lb/hr at the marine intakes 58 psi(4BAR) fuel pressure.

Here is an injector fuel pressure calculator that allows you to find out what an injector will flow at whatever fuel pressure you expose it to.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/fiflowcalc.html

Original fuel pressure will be 43,5 psi
New fuel pressure will be the fuel pressure the fuel pressure regulator allows, in the case of the marine intake, it will be 58 psi or 4 BAR
Rating of the fuel injector in this case will be 25 lb/hr.

I had a set of these flow tested and they flow 25 lb/hr at 43.5 psi and 28.76 lb/hr at 58 psi.

You would then take that 28.76 lb/hr figure and then convert it into whatever units your PCM wants. The stock Vortec blackbox PCM uses grams per second-

This will allow you to convert pounds/hour to grams/second and vice versa.
http://www.unitconversion.org/flow-mass/grams-per-second-to-pounds-per-hour-conversion.html

28.76 lb/hr=3.62 grams/second

That's how you figure out Injector Flow Rates when you are installing injectors with different flow rates than the PCM/ECM was originally calibrated for.

Hope that helps

peace
Hog

Post marine intake injectors 
Thanks very much you guys seem to know much about this. That was just what I needed to know and then some

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1