RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Jacking question
Post Jacking question 
Figure this is probably off-topic right? I blew a tire on the way to work Monday and almost killed myself trying to use the tiny little POS crank up jack that the General included with my Tahoe purchase. Got me thinking, has anyone thought about replacing the factory jack with a small hydraulic bottle jack? I use a really nice 3-ton floor jack at home, but lugging that in the truck everywhere is prohibitive. If anyone has any experience finding and/or using a tiny little hydraulic jack please let me know where I could find a good one.

Thanks.

BTW, really like the new look of the forum!

John

I have a little hydraulic bottle jack that I use every now and then when I run out of other jacks (used it to support the engine during trans installation, example). It's easy to use, dependable, and is small when storing it. It's nowhere near as stable as a floor jack though and probably not much better than the OEM scissor jack. I wouldn't jack anything with it unless the vehicle was on completely level ground with chocks on the wheels on the opposite axle.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1