RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Unwanted engine noise.
Did the initial tune tweaks I changed help any over the stock van tune minus the cylinder volume? I was hoping it would be a better starting point to tune from than stock but you won't know until you try it. Don't forget to do cmpret and a crank relearn
There will still be a lot of potential left to be found in tuning it from here on out.

Did the initial tune tweaks I changed help any over the stock van tune minus the cylinder volume? I was hoping it would be a better starting point to tune from than stock but you won't know until you try it. Don't forget to do cmpret and a crank relearn
There will still be a lot of potential left to be found in tuning it from here on out.

I did the crank relearn and the campret on Friday. I will go back and check the campret again though. I noticed the difference between the stock tune I had and what you did. I changed the volume, so tomorrow I will be dragging my dump trailer to work. I will see how much different it is tomorrow morning.

I now own a V8 cat bed. My two cats have decided they like to sleep on the engine I took out of my truck.

I will have to get some pictures posted up. I have just over 1,000 miles on my engine. Guess what decides to step in front of me when it is snowing? A whitetail buck. I think it was either a three or four point. The grill guard I remember to put back on helped out a lot, but, the left front fender the hood, the grill, grill guard, bumper and the piece in between the grill and bumper, the left side light, marker light and the signal light. I hit it doing 100kmph, the deer just flew off the road. Now I have to take the truck to the body shop and see what the damage is going to be. I am worried the insurance is going to total the truck. Even though the gal said it would get fixed. If it does get totalled we are buy the truck back, I don't want to loose that engine. Now I wish I had the money to get the 3/4 ton frame, and put my parts on it. I am going to have to see how much extra it would cost to get the right side fender fixed if the truck gets repaired. That fender has more rust on it. Talk about ruining a persons day. This happened last week Thursday at 6:10 am mountain standard time. It was snowing, usually the deer hang tight when it storms. This one didn't get that memo.

Has the buck been at least sent to the taxidermist for residency over your mantle?

Nope coyote's got him, yesterday afternoon, just up the road from where the deer lies, there was a dead coyote on the road. Either way we are keeping the truck. I just wish I knew how to paint. I don't really have a good enough shop to paint in. Especially a bigger air compressor.

I would't have declared it. My premiums would go up.

I would fix the signals, and drive as is untill summer.

You can get same color fender ~ $150 at recycler...

Last edited by CrazyHoe on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

I would't have declared it. My premiums would go up.

I would fix the signals, and drive as is untill summer.

You can get same color door ~ 150 at recycler...

with the new gravity fed high-volume low air paint sprayers, you don't need a big compressor. They actually come with a air regulator to reduce the pressure down to 10 or so psi

I got word yesterday, it will cost $6700. I don't thing the insurance company will fix it. I have to fill out a police report yet then see what the insurance is going to do. I may have to look into a pain gun. I also need to sand blast my dump trailer and get it painted too. I just need to find someone to donate to a worthy cause. My truck repair. A 3/4 ton with a blown motor would be nice right now.

Is the frame bent at the suspension?

I have my insurance covering theft, fire and civil responsibility only.

costs me $340 yearly.

They don't pay for my damages if I'm responsible. I don't care, unless I roll it, I won't let go

Last time I had an accident, told them i would take care of choosing my repair shop.

They sent me a check in both our names.

Got the owner to endorse the check for 10% of the amount and I cashed the money and fixed it myself.

Basically, what I'm saying. I the truck is drivable, if the alignment was not affected by a bent frame.
If it's only body damages.

Can you keep the truck by telling the insurance that you'll take care of the repairs?

And if you can't, I would tell them there's a few aftermarket items you installed that you would like to recuperate (and then you put in the broken engine... Smile )

I think I should get a second estimate. I still have to get down to the police station and file a report.

After spending the week in the hospital, I am finally back home. Today we got word from the insurance company. The truck will get written off we are buying it back for $400. We should get a check for $2900. Then I have to see what all needs to get fixed to get it recertified to classify it as rebuilt to put it back on the road.

The good news is that you get to buy it back.

Hopefully, no serious damage to prevent it from going back on the road.

Sorry to hear you where hospitalized....

I kind of know how you feel, I've been in and out of one almost every day for the past 20years.... I work in one. Laughing

I crack myself up! Wink

But yeah er seriously, not fun.

Hope you have decent health care in the west.

Bummer.

The good news is that you get to buy it back.

Hopefully, no serious damage to prevent it from going back on the road.

Sorry to hear you where hospitalized....

I kind of know how you feel, I've been in and out of one almost every day for the past 20years.... I work in one. Laughing

I crack myself up! Wink

But yeah er seriously, not fun.

Hope you have decent health care in the west.

Beginning to wonder about that, I don't get to see the surgeon till March 18th. That is a long time from now to go through this crap, especially when I keep missing work just about every week now. I get like 4 days and hurt to much for the 5th day.

I might still be looking for that engineless chassis with a clean title. Going to be expensive to insure a salvage title otherwise.

Reply to topic Page 4 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next