RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
How many of these female connectors do I need.

I put a bid on e-bay for some electrical fans, Unless someone out bids me I will have fans to install later.

The connectors you will need 2 then you will need the 2 blue and the 2 red terminal locks then you need seals for them etc. your best and cheapest bet is to go to a u pull yard and just hack some off. ordering the connectors new will get expensive. Alot of GM cars and GMT 800 trucks will use the same connectors and computers as well

if you're getting them from eficonnection, they should be new and have the weather seal in the already, so you'll just need to order 2 of the 80 pin connectors, 2 red retainers, and 2 blue retainers, as well as some pcm pins

I have everything coming. Even the connectors. I had to explain all this to the wife. You can tell they don't think like men. I just look at it as Maintenance. Truck has a lot of Miles on it. I am just making upgrades. If I win the bid on the fans, Then I will have to really explain myself.

Explain it like this. Electric fans will gain you 2-3MPG. They will pay for themselves in fuel savings. Once they pay for themselves, they will save you money. No need to mention how the efans will also allow the engine to wind up a lot faster. Had them on my 96 Tahoe and it would wind up so fast that the engine would bounce off the fuel limiter before it could execute a 1-2 shift, so every WOT 1-2 shift hit twice if I didn't let off the gas right before the shift. When I put the clutch fan back on right before selling it, shifting returned to normal.

Besides that it won't sound wound out when you first leave the yard. Lez was asking me how I could afford all of this stuff when I quit making deosits for RRSP. This money is always put aside for repairs. The car we bought is getting serviced at the dealership for warrenty purposes. They really ding you. Lately The bills haven't been as mush so she is paying for it. That is were most of this money has come from. Once I get my shop done, then the transmission rebuilt and put in, I will sell the 4L60E, use that money to buy the 454. Once that gets rebuilt, and installed, sell the L31 350. then get the two differential. They don't see that whole picture. Its like you got money what can I spend it on. I will stick to my guns. right now we cannot afford a newer truck. I have to slowly fix this one. I really don't want to get rid of this truck. The fun we have. It was really easy when I wasn't married. I could talk myself into anything. If I get the fans, I will use that Idea for better gas milage. Which is why I want them in the first place. The rest is just the perks you get from installing the fans.

Yeah, you can also use that it'll be quieter since the fan won't be beating the air all the time. My 96 was virtually silent, and got a lot louder when the clutch fan went back on.

Esplain just like that we cant afford a new truck I have to fix this one. My wife has finally figured that out and now says I have to much into it to get rid of it and I need to do this and that to it.

I think I got her convinced of that. Sometimes the cost of things gets to her at first. I am going to check out a local junk yard for rearend and a 9 1/4 front diff. get te parts so I could go through them. Then swap things when I am ready too. When I change the transmission, it would be nice to just fix the drivelines once. opps, she is not liking that I spent the money with out talking it over with her. Whats done is done. Next time I will. I can make extra money if I get good enough with the Flash scan tuner. I have to get used to it first. For a while I have to do some major Sucking up. I am still excited when the 411 gets here and to when I can put it on. I still have top bid on the fans, That is going to help with gas milage. I would really like to get back to 18 us miles to the gallon. I got that when the truck was new. I get 15 to 16 when truck is empty, 13 with the camper on. It would be nice to drive in overdrive with the camper on. I will have to get it done and let the truck speak for its self. What is the best oxygen sensor to have with the 411 pcm. I need to replace them anyway.

The 0411 PCM came in the mail. That was fairly quick. I just had to drive to the Post Office in Clive. That ia two out of the 5 things I ordered. The E fans cost me more in shipping. UPS thinks it is necessary to double the cost to Canada, yet they won't deliver to my door like they do in Montana.

My connectors came today. That one took a few days to get here.

My EFI live Flash Scan/tuner came in the mail today. I didn't get dinged at customs like I though I would.
Steve

http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj539/Chevy971/DSC04863.jpg

I had my copies for the 411 swap laminated. This way they will last. No geeting greasy.

Since I got a two gauge pillar post last year, I had to get some paint made up to match my interior. I did that, yesterday I picked up the clear coat, today I cleaned and painted the gauge pillar.

I will be putting a Wide band gauge and a trans temp gauge in there. Still need to get a trans temp gauge.
After I get home next weekend, I will start on putting my 0411 PCM in place. About time eh!!!

Post Welcome to the Forum Senor! 
Chevy 97 wrote:
It is in my upper right quadrant of my abdomen. I have had three CT scans, several x-rays. Two Ultrasounds, Upper GI scope, Colonoscopy, Berium enema, Small Bowel Follow through, to rule out my Crohns Diesease. Two Hida scans, And an MRA, which turned out I was to have an MRI. I have had two bowel resections. The last one in Jan of 2004. In July I had to have some incisional hernia's repaired. The surgen used mesh to hold my abdomials muscles. L am going to a Crohnic pain Center in Calgary. I have seen several surgeons. I finally have one on board. For the Pain, I was taking a 50 mcg/h fentanyl patch plus 80mg of morphine per day. I changed the patch every 24 hours. I am now off the patch, I have gotten down to 10mgs of morphine every 6 hours. I started the drop to 5mg. I seam to have hit a wall right now. I am curently trying venlafaxine for the pain management. I have worked up to 5 tablets a day. The tablets are 37.5 mg. The Sugeon thinks it is in my abdomial wall. Possibly a problem from the mesh. The surgeon doesn't want to do any sugery because of all the ones I have had done before. He explained to us all of the comlications. He wanted me off the narcotics, plus, I am trying other meds to try and control the pain. If nothing works then he will open me up. The last resort. I have basically been couch ridden since August. I haven't been able to drive long distances since getting on the narcotics, now short distances since I started taking Clonidine. That helps with the shakes and sweats.But it makes my head turn circles. I started in December getting off the patch first. I came accross by accident these sites and the articles about swapping to an L29 454. Plus the marine intake for the L31 350. These articles takes my mind off of this problem I am in. It all started in January of 2010, I have been off work since November of 2010. I kick myself in the butt for selling my 1970 GMC 3/4 to pickup. I put a 30 over 396 in it. It had a dana 60 rearend with a posi.I put 15 inch rims on it. N50s in the back. I put a crane cam in it. 280 290 duration, with 530 and 555 lift. I swapped the turbo 400 for the turbo 400 out of our pulling tractor my dad and I had in the 80's. It was manuel shift with a tci reverse manuel valve body. I also had a 1978 corvette, L48 silver anniversary edition. Plus a 70 chevelle. The Chevelle had a 250 six in it. I put a 300 hp 327 in it. I miss that car two. The chevelle was a two door hard top. I had everything to put the 60 over 427 into it too. except a twelve bolt rearend. The job I had at the time, went down hill, so I moved and sold the car. I want to fix up my 97 4x4. I like this body style. It was fully loaded when we bought it second hand. Like all the other trucks in those years, I had to replace the intake gaskets. I am from Montana originally. My wife is from Alberta. I love it here. We have 2 1/4 acres out in the middle of know where. Its pretty quite. even though we have a highway that goes by here. I went to college after being 20 years out of school to become a heavy duty Mechanic. At firts I worked on a lot of farm equipment, lawn mowers, cars ans pickup, to highway trucks. I was working at Kenworth in Red Deer when this happened. I was just getting started working on the cummins and cat diesels. That and just starting to get money to work on my truck, really pissed me off about this problem. I am still in the process of getting my shop fixed so I can have heat in the winter to work on things. I had a good week in October so I did some electrical wiring done in the shop. I need to up grade the breaker panel this year. I could only work four hours, then I just hurt to much. I also have a 97 Neon I need to get running better. According to the code which I don't remember at this time, I changed the injector on it. Still misses. I need to get some noides to check injectors. maybe its the coil misfiring. I just haven't had the time to look at it.

You will find alot of good folks in here and lots of help!

-That is alot of narcotics, glad youre weaning off.

Welcome again!
Gilbert

That was a not a lot of fun but I did that. Unfortunately for me, I had torn a muscle and was off work again. Had that repaired. Slowly healing, trying to get off the tramacet now. I haven't been on here much since I joined last year. Mostly on another sight.

This coming week I get my headers and exhaust done. Next week I swap the PCM then all the fun begins.

Well after owning this 0411 PCM for over a year now, Same with EFI Live, I have finally gotten to a point to where I am going to swap out the black box for the 0411 PCM. This will be interesting, Hopefully that are people around this weekend to help if I need to ask some questions. I will be using the EFI Live for the first time, that is where the nervous part comes in. God hates a chicken.

Starting on it on Sunday Morning..

Reply to topic Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next