RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post 0411 
I am new on here. I have a 97 Chevy k1500 heavy half t. What is the difference between the 0411 and my stock pcm?

Welcome to the Pacific Performane Engineerings GM truck performance site(AKA PAcific Audio & Alarm). These guys host this site for us. Flying Polarbear is the Administrator and James B. is the Moderator.

The 411 PCM uses dual 80 pin connectors and has 512hb of memory, while the blackbox PCm's use 4 32(roughly) pin conectors with roughly 145kb of RAM.
The 411 PCM is used on the 2000-2003 Corvettes, 00-02 Camaro/Firebird, 01-03 Express vans with 305/350 as well as 4.8/5.3/6.0. Found in almost all early 00 cars trucks, it is a very versatile PCM and is supported by all major PCM editing software like EFILive, HPTuners, Tunercats CATS OBD2, Westers GMT, JET DST.
Whereas the blackbox PCM is fully supported via Tunercats OBD2, Westers GMT and is to a lesser extent supported by EFILive for the 1998-2000 Vortec 4.3,305,350,454.

Justin (Aloicious) did a nice writeup of a 411 swap here.
http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?3389-12200411-(411)-PCM-swap

If you need the wiring diagram then Jeff (Lextech) is the man who has greatfully donated his time and money into creating excellent conversion schematics depending if you have a 1996 a 97, a 98, 99 or 2000 vehuicle with a 4.3, 305,350 or 454.

Stock rev limit setting on the blackbox PCM is set at 5600rpm, if you edit this rev limit to say 6500rpm, you will still end up with a hard limit of 5800-5900rpm no matter whom or what is changing the rev limit constant. If you swap to a 411 PCM you now have teh ability to rev over 8000rpms.

Another 411 benefit it that Custom Operating Systems (COS) can be used for 2 BAR support on the 411 PCM. I know that EFGILive offers custom operating systems support. It is rumpoured that 2 BAR support is now available for 411 PCM with Tunercat and or Westers GMT. I cant 100% confirm this however.

The 411 uses fastyer processors as it has much more code to run through as there are many more functions that the 411 PCM supports.

This is just a short list of 411 benefits, others I am sure will add more to the list.

Again welcome.

peace
Hog

Is that 512 hecktobytes of memory?

Just wondering!

Hog wrote:
....The 411 PCM uses dual 80 pin connectors and has 512hb of memory, while the blackbox PCm's use 4 32(roughly) pin conectors with roughly 145kb of RAM.....

Welcome Chevy 97!!

COS was reason enough for me to swap

Thanks, now I will have to find one of them. Once I get back on my feet. I have been fighting an unexplained pain issue since Jan, 2010. Been off work since November of 2010. I was just starting to make better money, when this happened. I had just put new leaf springs on my truck. Which it handles the slide in camper better. My next change is the transmisson. Since I go quading, I feel with the camper on the truck and pulling a trailer a heavier transmission will be needed. I have a lot of things I want to do, and after reading your forms there is some decissions to be made. Thanks again.

Would you be interested in telling us of this unexplained pain? We troubleshoot more than Chevy trucks, and some of us (not me) work in the medical fields.

It is in my upper right quadrant of my abdomen. I have had three CT scans, several x-rays. Two Ultrasounds, Upper GI scope, Colonoscopy, Berium enema, Small Bowel Follow through, to rule out my Crohns Diesease. Two Hida scans, And an MRA, which turned out I was to have an MRI. I have had two bowel resections. The last one in Jan of 2004. In July I had to have some incisional hernia's repaired. The surgen used mesh to hold my abdomials muscles. L am going to a Crohnic pain Center in Calgary. I have seen several surgeons. I finally have one on board. For the Pain, I was taking a 50 mcg/h fentanyl patch plus 80mg of morphine per day. I changed the patch every 24 hours. I am now off the patch, I have gotten down to 10mgs of morphine every 6 hours. I started the drop to 5mg. I seam to have hit a wall right now. I am curently trying venlafaxine for the pain management. I have worked up to 5 tablets a day. The tablets are 37.5 mg. The Sugeon thinks it is in my abdomial wall. Possibly a problem from the mesh. The surgeon doesn't want to do any sugery because of all the ones I have had done before. He explained to us all of the comlications. He wanted me off the narcotics, plus, I am trying other meds to try and control the pain. If nothing works then he will open me up. The last resort. I have basically been couch ridden since August. I haven't been able to drive long distances since getting on the narcotics, now short distances since I started taking Clonidine. That helps with the shakes and sweats.But it makes my head turn circles. I started in December getting off the patch first. I came accross by accident these sites and the articles about swapping to an L29 454. Plus the marine intake for the L31 350. These articles takes my mind off of this problem I am in. It all started in January of 2010, I have been off work since November of 2010. I kick myself in the butt for selling my 1970 GMC 3/4 to pickup. I put a 30 over 396 in it. It had a dana 60 rearend with a posi.I put 15 inch rims on it. N50s in the back. I put a crane cam in it. 280 290 duration, with 530 and 555 lift. I swapped the turbo 400 for the turbo 400 out of our pulling tractor my dad and I had in the 80's. It was manuel shift with a tci reverse manuel valve body. I also had a 1978 corvette, L48 silver anniversary edition. Plus a 70 chevelle. The Chevelle had a 250 six in it. I put a 300 hp 327 in it. I miss that car two. The chevelle was a two door hard top. I had everything to put the 60 over 427 into it too. except a twelve bolt rearend. The job I had at the time, went down hill, so I moved and sold the car. I want to fix up my 97 4x4. I like this body style. It was fully loaded when we bought it second hand. Like all the other trucks in those years, I had to replace the intake gaskets. I am from Montana originally. My wife is from Alberta. I love it here. We have 2 1/4 acres out in the middle of know where. Its pretty quite. even though we have a highway that goes by here. I went to college after being 20 years out of school to become a heavy duty Mechanic. At firts I worked on a lot of farm equipment, lawn mowers, cars ans pickup, to highway trucks. I was working at Kenworth in Red Deer when this happened. I was just getting started working on the cummins and cat diesels. That and just starting to get money to work on my truck, really pissed me off about this problem. I am still in the process of getting my shop fixed so I can have heat in the winter to work on things. I had a good week in October so I did some electrical wiring done in the shop. I need to up grade the breaker panel this year. I could only work four hours, then I just hurt to much. I also have a 97 Neon I need to get running better. According to the code which I don't remember at this time, I changed the injector on it. Still misses. I need to get some noides to check injectors. maybe its the coil misfiring. I just haven't had the time to look at it.

Dr. Venkman?

Is that 512 hecktobytes of memory?

Just wondering!

Hog wrote:
....The 411 PCM uses dual 80 pin connectors and has 512hb of memory, while the blackbox PCm's use 4 32(roughly) pin conectors with roughly 145kb of RAM.....

Welcome Chevy 97!!

Lol, yes hecktobytes, remember I am Canadian and the hecktobyte is a metric measuremnt of memory j/k.

Just remember to NOT cross the streams, that would violate the Law of Conservation of tbi™ which states, "tbi™ cannot be created nor destroyed in a universe which is governed by tbi™". (not joking, lol)

peace
Hog

Sorry to hear about the problems, sounds like you're beyond what we can do. Still, if some of our medicos that post here are as good on the medical side as they are on the automotive side...

The good thing is, you aren't going to find a bunch anywhere on the net that knows the GMT400 series trucks better than this bunch. At least you'll be able to reserve what work time you have on things that are proven to work, like the 411 conversion you asked about.

I was on e-bay, looking at 0411pcm's. I bought one for $89.95, by the time everything else is added on it was over $126. I am starting to gather up the parts I needed. I almost bought a L29 454 last night. But I think I will look around here first. I have located a 4L80E. I cannot wait to get back to work or win a lottery. Yea I will be back to work first.

Didn't see any on the picture. I saw painless wiring has abench connector set up for programming the 411 while its off the vegicle. I sent off two messages to EFIlive. I haven't heard back from them. Do they have an outlet in the states to phone or do I need to phone New Zealand?

Jeff

Where did you buy yours from? I'm not sure what to get either. I went back to their website. I looked under resellers, There is one in Alberta. Is it the reseller I need to Contact?

Aloicious (Justin) is an EFILive reseller.

Jeff

That is good to know. Thanks for letting me know that.
Steve.

sorry to hear about your medical issues. my day job (well night job actually) is in medicine, but I work more on the neurological/respiratory side of things...my brother had alot of issues with a rare form of ulcerative colitis several years ago, so I've seen how hard and frustrating tracking something like that down can be. I hope you get better soon.

I got your PM, I sent you one back too.

I keep getting e-mails from Ebay for my Vin number. Finally I told them I have to custom tune it anyway. Hopefully they get the PCM sent. No there isn't any connectors to go along with it. I have to find them now. Along with extra pins, incase I have to put in more wires. I really liked the electric fan setup.
Steve

yeah it really doesn't matter on the VIN, that is easily changed. they'd probably get confused with a '97 VIN # heh. just tell them that you will be programming it yourself and if they still need your VIN, I think there are some xvan VINs floating around here somewhere that you could give them to reduce their confusion.

you should be able to order some new connectors from EFIconnection, along with the colored retainers...they should have pins too.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next