RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 16
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
JAMES B
Post JAMES B 
Where is the 540 CI block? Any updates yet?

I can hear the faint sound of crickets chirping in the distant background.

No thundering rumble, nope, not here. Razz

I need just the block. (9.8" deck sportsman bowtie siamesed and splayed MkVI) It's finally available now but I haven't been successful finding $2k in the sofa! I've had some other priorities in the last 6 months and also made a few unfavorable financial decisions.

Last edited by James B. on Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
I have the famous heads and headers from that beast. Can't wait to do my first wheelie. Evil or Very Mad

James, hell if you would..... post up your paypal address and I'll pitch in for the "block" funds as I am sure others here wouldn't mind doing the same as well. But we have all been in situations like that and live and learn, but the good thing about it was you did it, sucked it up and didn't bitch and whine about it which shows a lot of character...
we live and learn I guess
Robby

You have everything necessary to bang out a few motors. I bet you could build a handful, tune them, then ship them out. You could have a block in no time. Especially if you throw marine intakes on them. Certainly seems people would rather spend more on a complete plug in play package than do it themselves. Hell, I bet people would send you the parts that way you weren't out of pocket any cash.

On another note, I'll donate $50 if you post a 2 minute video of you doing the macarena.

On another note, I'll donate $50 if you post a 2 minute video of you doing the macarena.

You know you wanna whore yourself out for a big block. Maybe you can make Tosh.0 Laughing Laughing Laughing

hell, if i could make a living building motors - thats all i would do, problem is, you get a few built, then things seem to dry up - then you move on because you gotta make money - then people want more motors built - it sucks, ive tried twice......

the funny part is, the only motor ive ever blown up, i didnt even build - actually, i dont think ive blown ANY motors ive built...........cant think of anybody that i built them for having blown them up either....

Lol! I'd love to do this stuff for a living.
I went down to the exhaust place today....where I bought teh mufflers..and where the guy flared the 3" for me to make my tips. They wanted to see the finished product.
One look and the owner of the place said "wow....nice...when do you want to start work?". He was dead serious...Lol! He couldn't believe I did the whole thing with the truck on the ground.
I just said thanks....but no thanks. The amount of time put into it....nobody would pay for it....and I wouldn't be happy cutting corners....as i'm sure James is the same.
We're 'enthusiasts'....and that makes it too difficult to charge the 'appropriate' amount. Customers with enough funds to pay for 'heart and soul' would be few and far between!

How are you progressing with the step by step instructions on how to do a BBC swap in a gmt400 truck?

Even though I will probably never do it, I would still purchase it...

Oh, and as far as dancing for the big block...

Sorry, I only shake it for smaller denominations - one dollar at a time Yuck

I can't tell you how many countless laughs that would provide. Laughing

sooooo.......

wheres this - cuz i gots me lotsa ones and a camcorder..... Laughing

James B. wrote:

sooooo.......

wheres this - cuz i gots me lotsa ones and a camcorder..... Laughing

LOL
Long Beach?

Holly crap if I'd known you were in Long Beach I could have hung out with you
before I moved half way up the state.

Thanks guys, and Chris, but I see this entire thing as a done-deal. I just have to move on and make wiser decisions in the future. Like I said, lesson learned.

There is one option, a large cube SB engine that will support boost, Like I said before one of the Bill Miller 427-454 cu in SB that would take 10-15 psi would be all a man could ever want in life. Well maybe if it was an aluminum block, then that would be all you could ever want.

Boosted

I think he was trying to make his Tahoe as nose heavy as it is ass heavy !!.......LOL

The 540 won't be going in the Tahoe. I have a '98 Suburban C2500 that needs this engine.

The 540 won't be going in the Tahoe. I have a '98 Suburban C2500 that needs this engine.

So James if you're dancing for singles, will you accept loonies? I would be game to send you a roll of loonies. We are pretty close to being at par exchange wise.

Seriously though, are you planning to steal the 420 Hoes driveline for the 410 Burb, or redo the Burbs driveline with a fresh setup?

peace
Hog

Reply to topic Page 1 of 16
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next