RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Hey RCFAST and others injector talk
Post Hey RCFAST and others injector talk 
Good work on your 383 marine project. I'll be up and running in a couple weeks. My manifold is in the mail, as we speak.

I was just wondering if you ended up using the 30 lb @43.5psi injectors? So at a 60psi fuel pressure they come out to 35 lb/hr? Thats cool. I'm using the stock marine injectors which were cleaned and documented, 24 lb/hr which flow 28lb/hr at 60psi. I'm stock longblock NA with only boltons, so I didnt need too big of an injector.

What did the set of 8 injectors cost you and did you get a matched set? How much extra was a matched set over just 8 single injectors. Up here in Canada there is one guy who charges an extra $200 for a matched set. My buddy with a TPI Vortec Iroc didnt get a flow matched set of ACCEL 36 lb/hr, he just got 8 single injectors. The matched set had a dif. part number.

Is there really that much dif. between the matched and non-matched sets. All opinions welcome.
Thanks in advance
Hog

Post Matched set better 
as they will provide the same amount of fuel to each cylinder as opposed to some getting more than others. A matched set will make more power, the engine will run smoother, fuel economy will be better, and the computer will have an easier time managing the engine. An unmatched set will make some cylinders run richer than others, reulting in the computer trying to compensate for something it'll never conquer, rougher idle due to some cylinders making a bit more power than others which will change the engine harmonics, ect.

Yeah, I think you'll have more than enough injector with the stock OE injectors as long as you stay N/A and 350 displacement. Man, all this progress is getting me wound up! My plan is to run the ford 30lb svo injectors that should flow close to 36lb at our 60 psi. What are you planning on tuning you ECM with? I'm pretty much just waiting on my purchase of tunercat to get my progress rolling.

Hog, welcome aboard man!

Yeah, I think you'll have more than enough injector with the stock OE injectors as long as you stay N/A and 350 displacement. Man, all this progress is getting me wound up! My plan is to run the ford 30lb svo injectors that should flow close to 36lb at our 60 psi. What are you planning on tuning you ECM with? I'm pretty much just waiting on my purchase of tunercat to get my progress rolling.

Since RCFast has proven that the stock PCM will drive high impedance injectors other than the stock assemblies, Tunercat would be a good purchase for me. I'd probably just buy the same stuff that Ken is using. The Tunercat software and whatever the wideband mixture analyzer he is using. I wish there were some people more local to me (Ontario, Canada) and just split the cost a few ways.

I might try Lyndom at Westers garage, since they are in Canada so shipping is cheap. But as Ken has stated elsewhere, the mailorder tuning guys will only go so aggressive as not to get a knock problem. Here in Canada, I can get Sunoco 94 octane fuel at every Sunoco station. This along with my 160 thermostat and custom induction and headers i could tune to the edge for maximum power for my application based on the presenting conditions.

Sean Hyland Motorsports in 5 minutes from my house. I bet they have a wideband at their dyno. I could go there and see if I'm rich or lean at cruise. If I'm not going to melt the pistons or wash the rings with the 24 lb/hr injectors, I could drive to wherever I need to get a tune done. I might have to drive to Westers, thats about a 20 hr drive, hell I could go and see Ken and James in Cali, if I crossed down into the U.S. haha we'll see. I might put an adjustable fuel regulator on it and tune it down wih fuel pressure. Not exact but I'd get it close enough not to hurt itself while cruising. I'll have the 24 lb/hr injectors, if I run them at lower than 43.5 psi, I'll get close to a 19 lb stock poppet at 60 psi. I know spray pattern will suffer, but it'll be short term until I can run the at least the 43.5 psi the injectors are rated at. The 350 TPI engine used 22 lb/hr injectors at 43 psi, I know my motor needs more fuel than that, maybe the 24 lb injectors at 43.5 psi of fuel pressure will be close enough. If I need more fuel I could run it at the Vortec spec of 60 psi. Add a dry shot and run them at 100psi. Yee haw, true MPFI with injector swap capability. The sky is the limit.

In the long run I'll have Tunercat and a wideband. How fast do you wanna spend$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hog

I think I spent around $289 for the matched set of 36pph Accel injectors. calculated out about 43pph for these also. That should match what I want to do with the stock shortblock. Just think... in the future a low-compression big-boosted 383 is now guaranteed to work. It doesn't get any better than that.

Yes i ended up going with the 30lb injectors. They are the SVO injectors and come out to around 35lbs at 60 psi, which is what i put it in the PCM as. I got the injectors at a great price, i bought them brand new in box off ebay for 100 bucks. These injectors aren't matched and i belive they typically go for 260 brand new from most sites un matched and 360 from most sites matched. These injectors should provide me with ample fuel for my setup and quite a few modifications i plan on doing in the future.. So far it seems like this manifold should support my setup up all they way through the band (past 6000 rpms). I haven't actually takin it there yet because i want to get a few miles first but from the way everything is running it doesn't seem like there will be a problem with the manifold going that high in rpm

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1