RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Looking For a good Price For Some FAL 282 efans.
Post Looking For a good Price For Some FAL 282 efans. 
Gonna do a conversion on my friends 04 2500 HD to E-fans. Looking for competetive prices.
They seem to be price fixed @ $396.99.

Anyone hear from Josh dillon? His phone does not work.

Post You can go custom for that... 
Or a bit more. My setup flows more (5900CFM total, have two Permacool 14 inch 2950CFM fans) than the 282s, and has a much better controller. And, you don't have to have a shroud fashioned from aluminum and coated with Rhino liner, you can have one made from steel and just paint it. The setup's been in place 2 years now, and I've not had to touch it since install.

I played phone and email tag with Josh last year for two weeks and never could get him to just tell me how to pay him and to place the order. I finally gave up out of frustration and ordered them from Summit. Then Summit sent a reboxed damaged fan set that I sent back and blew it off completely. Now that gas prices have spiked I wish I had them. I hope you have better luck, Summit has always been flawless otherwise.

Post About Josh... 
...it don't sound good. He was very competetive when I got my set for the 03. I did have to hound him even then but got the fans.
Thanks Speeder but we want to go with a turn key FAL setup.

Thats what I still have on my truck (for 5 years now, not A SINGLE PROBLEM, awesome). I even still have that recalled fuse holder (for 5 years as well).
Issue - truck is getting hot anyway. 50/50 mixture is good (would it even matter?). I guess clogged radiator? I dont know.

http://benlincoln.com/corrosion.JPG

Good god thats after a month or so.

So I just replaced it AGAIN. And put some compound in the inside this time for better flow (maybe?).

Post that is nasty 
Pro wrote:
Maybe because of this?

http://benlincoln.com/corrosion.JPG

Good god thats after a month or so.

So I just replaced it AGAIN. And put some compound in the inside this time for better flow (maybe?).

And that rust isn't helping matters either. You need to replace that wiring and connectors, and use gold-plated to help keep corrosion down. I wonder what those terminals are made of anyway, they look like brass or gold, but are rusting? Plated steel, maybe?

Battery terminal protectant. Comes in a spray can at most auto parts stores.

I was even thinking about putting some gold on my fronts. Think that would look kick? Might be hard to eat.

Post PRO: NOTHING will totally protect from battery acid 
Your problem isn't the connector, plating, etc...but the battery itself is outgasing via the post seal.

Are you over charging the battery?

A "little" help are the fabric disc's soaked with neutralizer (green/red), but they are just band aids.

CS144 alt pretty much brand new. Internal regulator?

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1