RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Electric fan problem
Post Electric fan problem 
Flex a lite fan # 280 suddenly stopped working. All the lights on the control module are lit.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance

Look for overheated connections in the wiring starting at the point where you tapped +12vDC. Trace everything back to the VSC and then from the VSC to the fans. Check the connectors where they attach to the VSC. The most common failure results from poor contact between the power lugs and the terminals on the VSC. If this happened you'll see it, everything in the connection will be charred.

-James

Post Fuse Holder? 
If you have the older fuse holder, a unit with a soft rubber case and an attached cap, I would say thisis your starting point. Look it over. Pull the fuse out.
FAL is very good about replacing it with a better one. Their supplier of the old ones let them down with poor mfg practices. I used an audio shop fuse & holder until mine came.
Check all connections as per James B. They have to be good and snug.
FAL is also very insistant on the main + & - wires be connected directly to the battery. No substitutions.

Post Consider 
replacing the fan controls with a fan controller from http://www.dccontrol.com. I run it, it's far superior to the Flexalite crap.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1