RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Tahoe Front Air Dam
Post Tahoe Front Air Dam 
I have noticed that the new tahoes have a lower airdam on the front of them. It looks like the original with about a 2" piece added on the bottom. Does anyone know if it is a clip on piece or if it is all molded together? I would like to have one for my 2001 Z71 to give it a lower look in the front if it is a clip on piece that I could just add on to my factory air dam! THANKS!!!

I believe its a clip on piece. Check out your nearest dealer and look under one.

Post Yes It Is... 
...An attachment. It is part of a mpg cutting plan. If you are 4x4 you may want to add the cups behind the hooks also.
To trim a 1/10 here and a 1/10 there, in the name of cutting out under hood air they added,
More gasketing around the headlights,
Extended the lower air dam,
Added cups behind the hooks,
Other things,
An alternator voltage and temp monitor to shut it down if not needed,
E-fans,
Aluminium block 5.3,
Force fed onto the consumer 3.42 gears by deleting the 3.73's. I have came to enjoy them however.

You'll need to change the lower valance under your bumper also to get the lip to work. The valance has clips that interlock with the lip for a solid mounting, with a bolt on each corner by the wheels.

I know this because I did the same updating to my '01 YXL with the '05 valance and lip. Pricing was actually reasonable - cost me just under $ 100 for a new valance, lip, and hardware to attach the lip to the valance.

Don't know about the Z71's, though, because the bumper design is different.

Post Re: Yes It Is... 
ac wrote:
Force fed onto the consumer 3.42 gears by deleting the 3.73's. I have came to enjoy them however.

I've been on GM Buypower alot lately and have ran across a handful of '05 Z71's that have 3.73's as a $100 option. I guess GM must have got alot of complaints and made them an option, (which is what the dumbasses should have done in the first place). You don't just go out and totally delete the most popular 4x4 gear ratio...morons.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1