RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Welcome back!
Post Welcome back! 
The new forum is not completely finished yet, but we're welcoming suggestions! Cool

i guess this gives me the 1st USER post! WOW! Smile

Post Ahhh....this is a good thing 
Been a long time coming but welcome back. Not sure about the format this is in now but like anything else it may take a bit of getting to use too it. I like the idea of the control ability it has to keep some of the imposters out. The smileys, well, could do without them.
Again, welcome back...Rob

Post Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!............... BACK!!! 
I hope everyone has stayed around in the down time!
Scott

Man that seemed like a LONG time! Glad to have it back.

Post .030Over 
Stayed around? Heck, I've been checking in every day to see when the board came back!

Chris

Same deal as Rob on the smileys. maybe just the basics so they don't get out of hand like on other forums. Who are we to complain though when this is all your sweat and tears that have gone into updating it. I know we all appreciate it...couple more days and I was going to be going to withdrawl therapy!

Maybe in the profile have a space for your name so we can get the attention of someone in a subject with their username, but address them by their actual name in the post.

Andrew

AHH! That empty part of me is feeling much better now. I'll have plenty to show/tell you guys in regards to my 6L install pretty soon...

it's nice to have the daily read back, THANKS !

dayam I like the forum layout. The gearhead emoticons are kinda nice. Now someone buy me a colorado.

SUGGESTION: Disable the ability to make multiple posts within a 60 second timeframe. On Supraforums you cannot post more than once per 120 seconds. This effectively removes spambots, robots, etc. 120 seconds is a bit long if you are replying to posts though.

This guy Kimble from the (Lame) Gumball Rally spams every forum he can find, and will target this one if he finds it, IMO.

Actually, you can leave the guest account open, and I actually encourage this one. It will help newbies especially, even though registration is SIMPLE.

Just restrict Guest HEAVILY. Do not allow the messages to be longer than one page length. Do not allow Guest to post more than once per 120 seconds from each ip address, and include heavy IP filtering on all Guest actions. It is entirely not that hard to maintain, if done right from the get go.

Guest was Stealth97. Oops. Also, the forum already has a timer implemented. Looks to be 60 seconds. Either polarbear is quite fast or it was already done!

Good work PPE!

My peoples say including IP address in message would be nice also.

No reason to include the ip address with the post IMO. Moderators (which we should end up having a few) might get the options. Administrators definitely get the option to see IP's.

I would accept being a moderator of content only. The only thing I could/would ever do for this board would be to delete posts that are not content related (I.E. OFf topic.)

I would accept being a moderator of content only. The only thing I could/would ever do for this board would be to delete posts that are not content related (I.E. OFf topic.)

Ha Smile stuck up your asss.
Ip addresses needed for future spammers. Theyll be like hmmm, my ip address is posted, not a good idea.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next