RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
IMO, to make this site perfect, we need more divisions.
Post IMO, to make this site perfect, we need more divisions. 
Since posts are automatically bumped to the top, we need more divisions.

A classifieds division. At your own risk. PPE not responsible for scammers.

The performance forum should be "Technical" questions only. I already see Y2K limited Off-Topic post about Pro's bitch. Thats fine and all, but belongs in an "Off-Topic" section, not the "Performance" section.

IMO, 3 divisions. OT, dont care how you moderate it (up to you), Performance (strict moderation for technical advice. Prune all crosstalk and hijackings. Only to help people with technical issues), and Classifieds ( at own risk).

That is all.

Eric L.
Stealth97

P.S. Love the new site, works great!

Post 3 Divisions 
Those 3 division sound good. One of the things that we all liked about the old forum engine was that everything was on one page. I don't want anymore than 3 sections. That's the main thing I hate about fsc.com, is too many sections. That and the ass-clowns.

Post Re: IMO, to make this site perfect, we need more divisions. 
Stealth97 wrote:
Since posts are automatically bumped to the top, we need more divisions.

A classifieds division. At your own risk. PPE not responsible for scammers.

The performance forum should be "Technical" questions only. I already see Y2K limited Off-Topic post about Pro's bitch. Thats fine and all, but belongs in an "Off-Topic" section, not the "Performance" section.

IMO, 3 divisions. OT, dont care how you moderate it (up to you), Performance (strict moderation for technical advice. Prune all crosstalk and hijackings. Only to help people with technical issues), and Classifieds ( at own risk).

That is all.

Eric L.
Stealth97

P.S. Love the new site, works great!

just wait till I find a hottie to set you up with eric.

The assclowns of FSC are a lot more of a problem than the multiple sections. The multiple sections are a huge turnoff though. There is wayy too many.

3 is what I would like to see. It would keep all selling stuff in one spot, all offtopic crap in another, and ALL performance in ONE large spot. That way, if you aren't purchasing anything, you don't need to see all of those, plus they get lost at the bottom of the page FAST b/c nobody responds to them. Also, some of the guys here don't care for Y2K and PRo and crosstalk. Some prefer to not see it. I personally don't care, but just for the sake of integrating everybody, off-topic keeps us all happy, AND chatty as well.

Would benefit everybody, I think, and hurt no one, except make a little more work for Dan.

This forum only has 82 users right now. The old forum didn't get THAT much acitvity, I have a feeling things will slow down here too over the next few weeks. This being the case, having multiple categories will only serve to make the individual forms feel more "dead" and this in turn causes people to lose faith in the forum. In addition to this, it is much easier to glance at one page with all the new posts on it rather than browse through multiple forums to try to catch up on the latest threads. The single page format worked very well on the old forum, let's keep the tried and true format for now.

This forum only has 82 users right now. The old forum didn't get THAT much acitvity, I have a feeling things will slow down here too over the next few weeks. This being the case, having multiple categories will only serve to make the individual forms feel more "dead" and this in turn causes people to lose faith in the forum. In addition to this, it is much easier to glance at one page with all the new posts on it rather than browse through multiple forums to try to catch up on the latest threads. The single page format worked very well on the old forum, let's keep the tried and true format for now.

I agree, on the one primary forum, though I could see a secondary forum where the moderators could move certain commonly asked items or posts that are particularly informative on a topic that has a high likelihood of coming up again. This would be kind of a quick reference section that would not allow current posts, but would be a little easier to use than just trying to pick the correct terms to search for. (James' answer to my question on the intake manifold yesterday would be a prime example of what to have there)

Hey, that's a good idea. Sort of like FSC's "tech articles" section. That sounds good to me.

I guess having a tech articles, or a FAQ would be nice.

On another forum, they have a Vote To Faq option. If the users (lets say 10) vote to Faq, the Article will autoFaq and be archived/saved accordingly. Sounds like a great option.

I for one, am all about keeping this site Performance and Technical oriented. The classified and off-topic are supposed to be dead forums, for one. Some moderate posting will go on, but the majority is about engines, and helping, and would be in the main forum.

I think the vote to FAQ would be a good idea but I'm not sure of how that would be implemented using phpBB. I still think all of the active posting should be kept into one forum though.

Thanks for the suggestions. Having just one section for performance topics makes it quick & easy to check for the latests posts. It's one of the reasons this forum attracted so many over the other forums that split into a dozen topics. Having three areas would be ok, but on second thought this might attract people who like to post classified or off-topic messages, even if it's in other sections.

Cool

www.autonvs.com

One is like the old setup and I liked it that way.

If more, then only two or three. Any more and the dilution factor is too great. Would have to "go" to many.

Plus this all in one gives a better flavor of what's going on with everyone.

I see it like a bunch of folks at a garage talking about everything. Otherwise it would be like having to walk over to another garage very focused on ONE aspect.

I agree...... We need 2 separate some things

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number
Post Speeder 
I say no more than the three that are present now, and really I'd like to see it pared down to two. Classifieds and posts. The OT stuff isn't that bad, and if everyone would just preface it with OT then it wouldn't be a problem. But if the OT must be separate, then no more than 3. On the tech articles, I'd like to see NO ACTIVE POSTING be allowed in the Tech Articles section. Instead, allow the author to go back and change the post if possible, to update as needed. Or, if a change needs to be made, the original author can redo the post and put it out to be voted into the FAQ section as an override to the one already there. I'm sure there is a better way to post what I just said, hopefully everyone gets my meaning.

If we get too many sections here, I can already tell you that I will gravitate away from here. I have to do this from work. The single board format was easy to keep track of at work, I could scan posts while on hold or doing other stuff that I had to wait on the computer for. But if I have to choose between actively keeping track of the board that would be required with a thousand and one sections and keeping track of work, I'll be choosing work.

Speeder, look at the difference between side garage and performance. Side garage has double the posts already. We talk a lot of OT stuff!

Separate OT and Performance is working quite well.

Need to talk about engines, go to performance.

Want to BS around, go to OT. Pretty clean this way.

Classifieds wont ever get much action, and it will be SUPER EASY to find things for sale if you WANT them.

See the ease?

Just 3 clicks away buddy.

Eric L.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1