RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
What brand/model of home AC do you have and do you like it
Post What brand/model of home AC do you have and do you like it 
is it quiet
what seer
price
etc

I just installed a Carrier Infinty 21 system last November. Its a 3-ton 18SEER 2-stage A/C system with a Infinity 80% AFUE 2-stage heater that has a variable speed blower on it and new evaporator coil. I also installed the Carrier 4-zone system ( 4-thermostats, 1 A/C system), system access module (gives me internet access to my A/C and heat system) and Infinity air purifier. Its one of the most quietest and efficient systems on the market

The system would normally go for around $14,000 or so but since I'm in the biz, I got it all below my normal dealer cost.

I've sold several of the Infinity 21 systems and yet had to pull one out under the 100% customer satisfaction guarentee that Carrier makes us offer.

look around my website, www.PMHVAC.com ...click on the Carrier logo to go to Carrier' site...I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have....I've been in the A/C biz since 1983

Goodman. Supposed to be a cheap contractor grade thingy. Its original, I had it repaired once when a capacitor went out. Cost $200. No complaints.

Post Trane Heat Pump 
Trane 12 SEER heat pump. It's 8 years old and the only problem was a couple of summer's ago it tripped the breaker (or maybe someone turned it off... my box is on the outside and has no lock on it). Took me a while to figure out why it wasn't blowing cold, as it turns out it was just the breaker for the outside unit. Blows cold in the summer and does pretty well in the winter. Sometimes when it gets real cold I have to turn on the aux. heater, but that's rare. Electricity bills are good too... house is all electric. Way quieter than the Carriers that were standard in this subdivison. My neighbors on both sides have the standard Carriers and the outside units have gotten much louder in recent times. They are the same age as my Trane, which is as quiet as it was when new.

Mike, since it's on the same topic, does anyone make an in wall compressor assembly anymore? The one I have is the original that came with the house and it's about 3x3 in size. The air handler is separate.

I've only seen one of those once, several years ago....got a mdl# of Manufacturer?

I've only seen one of those once, several years ago....got a mdl# of Manufacturer?

I was able to get Model - RAAZ-028AAS. There isn't any manufacturer name that I can see. I also got a serial number on it too. 398-f4880-4131. It might be so old, probably wont cross reference to much. Vintage '82. Hrm

Mike wrote:

I was able to get Model - RAAZ-028AAS. There isn't any manufacturer name that I can see. I also got a serial number on it too. 398-f4880-4131. It might be so old, probably wont cross reference to much. Vintage '82. Hrm

its a Rheem unit. Made 1977-1981 6.4 SEER when new.

I'll see if there is a direct repalcement available tomorrow

what are the ones called that have a low speed fan that runs when the compressor is off?
supposedly it saves electricity since the movement of air keeps the high electricty consuming compressor off longer.....

Mitsubishi and Tappen use a varible speed compressor that "idles" when there is no call for cooling at the t-stat. It is rated at 21-23 SEER but that rating is at "idle".

I run my varible speed indoor blower on low continuos so that the indoor air keeps moving across the air purifier and UV lite

battmain wrote:
Mike wrote:

its a Rheem unit. Made 1977-1981 6.4 SEER when new.

I'll see if there is a direct repalcement available tomorrow

according to my Rheem/Ruud contact, this unit is no longer manufactured

according to my Rheem/Ruud contact, this unit is no longer manufactured

Thanks Mike. Looks like that project will be on the back burner for a while since I don't use AC much. I was trying to justify getting a new one to reduce the bills when I do use it during the summer. I figure I'll probably go with a roof mounted unit. I don't want to give up the space at the side of the house because the car trailer is parked there.

When do you believe all routes will be restarted after the quarantine? I believe there is little hope for this summer, but I still think about autumn. What are your expectations and thoughts? Will that nightmare be over in a few months? I am from California, know about 310 area code. And I have had so many exciting plans for the coming season. Now it looks like I may stop planning.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1