RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Dyno tune 95% done
Boosted-Z71 wrote:
Speeder wrote:
Lextech wrote:
I'm Jealous. 12.80s @ 113 is moving---Congrats. The best my little 305 has gone is 13.01 @ 110. I'm hoping with a little better starting line technique it will go faster.

Jeff

No! Not a 305 going damn near as fast as a Vortec 350! Say it ain't so Lex, say it ain't so! Laughing Laughing Laughing Evil or Very Mad

The key here is were talking how fast, not "how damn near fast" There is a difference Laughing Laughing Laughing

Boosted

Lextech wrote:
... with a little better starting line technique it will go faster.

Jeff

But he blames the difference on his own launch technique, not the engine.

Sure! Blame everything but the 305! Laughing

Close but no cigar. Razz

But we digress... back to the original topic...

Fast forward to 2016- Added an overdrive crank pulley, all supercharger piping to 3" from 2.5", pro charger race bypass, and a 3 core pro charger race intercooler. I'm seeing -15lbs of boost and made 555/588 to the wheels. Ran out of fuel at about 4500 rpm, have a stock 96 fuel pump and the pro charger in line pump w/ the injectors (42lbs)at 155%. I'm planning on 80lb injectors and a Walbro 450 in tank fuel pump. Thinking of going e85, at the level of boost its E85 or methanol injection. Anyone have any experience with E85

Basically increase your flow amount by some 40 percent more than you would need on regular fuel. A little research will get the right amount. Ethanol allows more timing, but has a lot less energy density that gasoline. It will also very quickly find any incompatible parts in your fueling system. Being E10 capable does not make it E85 capable. To top it off, E85 is not available everywhere. And, if you care anything at all about the environment and believe the global warming alarmists, ethanol has a much higher net carbon content than regular gasoline due to the extra crap you have to do to make the ethanol.

I have a E85 station a mile away. If I go methanol I still have to find/buy it. I DO care about the earth we live on, this truck is not doing any favors. Lucky it's a toy and not an everyday driver, just wanting the best performance.

Heh heh, I just threw the green weenie stuff in as an aside. The fuel system rot and roughly 40 percent more E85 required is more of a concern. I think the multifuel systems jack up the pressure and keep the injectors open longer to run E85, but if you want to run it full time on a forced engine I think you'll be looking at a 3/4 inch to 1 inch diameter fuel line from the tank to the engine.

The GEn 3 SBC 5.3's that are flex fuel also use a larger fuel injector, theyw ere a great truck to supercharge on gasoline as they already had the larger injectors.

The cooling effects of E85 are great and help to keep combustion temps under control.

peace
Hog

I have a E85 station a mile away. If I go methanol I still have to find/buy it. I DO care about the earth we live on, this truck is not doing any favors. Lucky it's a toy and not an everyday driver, just wanting the best performance.

Expect about 40hp/50tq going from gas to E85, with proper tuning. E85 is cheap race gas, even with the hit on mpg you have a big enough tank to offset, providing you can keep your foot out of it

Sounds like an amazing build. Are you running forged pistons or still stock?

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2