RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Anyone ever use Tradebit?
Post Anyone ever use Tradebit? 
https://www.tradebit.com

They sell PDF copies of automotive repair manuals, but I've never used them before. Anyone else here use them and if so, are they any good? If anyone has any links to other sites that provide complete, dependable PDF shop manuals, not specifically GM manuals, I'd appreciate it if they were posted here. Thanks in advance.

I have not used them, but I have the Original GM Factory Manual for 1999 Trucks, that includes my Tahoe.

All I can tell you is that it is way to extensive to be able to be read over PDF, providing it would even fit in one file. Even in a physical book format (4x bands each 2 inches) it is not easy to use, because you constantly need to look up more than one page at once and so you need to flip the pages a lot. It is simply too much information to be read on the screen without any kind of indexing or search.

Until a while ago you were able to eBay the same GM manual on CD as well. However it only works on old Windows XP computers and even on those it is best to have an older clean install of XP. The CD version has it's advantage that you can search for specific info. It works as a browser with a browser window and you are able to enter keywords and it would search the installed archive on your hard drive. It would return search results just like a search engine and you would be able to click those.

So to sum it up short. If it is really extensive manual, then as PDF it could probably not be as useful as one would hope for.

Yeah, I normally buy a full shop manual for any cars I own, but what I want is to be able to research different vehicle innards for any projects I want to launch. Obviously I don't want to drop 200-300 bucks just to look at a manual for 10 minutes just to find out that I can't do what I want to do.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1