RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Hidden antenna
Post Hidden antenna 
Working on a 2001 Silverado. Mom's truck, in the process of refurbishing it for her. Part of this involves painting the truck. I'd like to get rid of the fender antenna and put a hidden one in. Any suggestions? Mom's paying the bills on this so I don't want to spend a lot of money. Just looking for something that will give me comparable reception quality to the existing antenna. I was thinking about running an antenna up the passenger side pillar or under the headliner, looking for suggestions to make this work or if there is a better solution that won't break Mom's bank. Thanks.

BOSS Audio MRANT10 Weatherproof Marine Dipole Hideaway Antenna

Seems to have good reviews. I'll try and remember to report back on how well it works.

That brings back memories of the antenna in the windshield on GM cars. I wonder whatever happened to that?

I dunno, but I miss them. I always found the windshield antennas to be plenty to keep the stereo playing.

Of course, NOW it occurs to me that the antenna is no longer mounted to the fender but inside the cowl. No matter, the truck will look better without an exterior antenna.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1