RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Truck and camper question
Post Truck and camper question 
Situation is this. I have a 1998 K1500 F44. Extended cab. ( Heavy Half ). 4 X 4. Lifted 6 inches. Not in good shape. Life events have me thinking of building a camper that I could live in full time if I needed to. More I've looked into it more I feel like I should start off with a truck that has a heavier frame. Keep in mind all I have right now is the non running truck that I guess I could sell or part out as a step towards getting another GMT400 or rolling chassis or other make / model. I guess my question is what make and model of truck would y'all, wait I guess from same year as my truck on back, unless some post 98 ones are not much higher than what mine would go for, what truck would you want to build off of, upgrading/changing suspension brakes etc sway bar etc all the goods but what base would you start from? Heck since I'm asking what frame would be the best to add another axle to, to make it a 6 wheeler. To be more precise because this is what I want, so you y'all have an idea. I'd like to have a vehicle roughly the same dimensions as my current truck with the extended cab (not crew) and could go long bed if that makes the extra axle easier (think mine is standard). but add an axle in front of the rear one and put up a cab over camper. ( I'll look more into what powertrain I want etc.. Just looking for base to start from). Thanks.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1