RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
Good news! Photobucket reversal
Post Good news! Photobucket reversal 
See the update here

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/05/17/photobucket-image-hosting-plans/

I don't know why my pics were restored, since I haven't signed up for anything yet, but I am looking into it.

Peace

Post Subscribed 
Hey all,

Photobucket is now only a 10-person company, hosting millions of pictures. I gladly subscribed to them for $1.99/mo to maintain 3rd party hosting for my hundreds of pics on this site. I hope you'll do the same to keep the company alive. I think it's totally worth it. The CEO who's idea it was to charge us $400/yr to do the same thing is now gone.

I put so many pictures in so many posts, and it affected so many people and blogs. But there's no way I was going to pay this ransom

I put so many pictures in so many posts, and it affected so many people and blogs. But there's no way I was going to pay this ransom

Ok..I get it. But hosting terrabytes of data isn't cheap and the truth is we got a good deal for a long time having to pay nothing for our pics being hosted. $400/yr was a great way to instill rebellion and bitterness. $20/ yr is actually a good deal for hosting 10G of pic and providing 3rd party hosting. You won't find a better deal and if we can keep our hard-won blogs going for that price, I think its a good deal.

Just consider it. The fact that my pics were reinstated without asking was helpful. Check out your old threads. See if they are working again. It's a nice feeling....

20$ is fine.... a bargain even. (By comparison). makes me wonder though.
Was it all a ploy?
Funny how all the pictures are there and the links still functionnal...

I would never have registered with Photobucket if they asked me 20$ up front 10 years ago.
Now its a bargain....

Almost 1 week later and the only news I can find about it (Google "Photobucket" and click on news) is still the OP's Denver Post article.

I was able to find 2x more articles with a "Photobucket" and "1.99" search. I'm sure Photobucket sent out info to the press, but it looks like no one cares about reporting it any more. Perhaps a payback on the ransom.

By the way, my Firefox Photobucket Extension still works perfectly. Well, at least as long as those pictures are kept on Photobucket servers.

I just went on their website and tried to select their "free" plan option. It does not work. So I tired the paid plan option. It does not work either.

Reply to topic Page 1 of 1