RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
04 2500HD 6.0 Tow rig Maggie or Whipple?
Not arguing with you Paul, just making an observation about Whipple and screw compressors.

They had a moment to shine and show their stuff with the Ford GT but something must have gone wrong.

Why would Ford produce the Shelby GT500 with the roots m122 from 2007 to 2011 (540hp-550hp) when Whipple already had a foot in with the GT?

Then ford offered a Super Snake 605+ hp with a Kenne Bell (4×6 screw)

But in 2013 they now went with the TVS 2.3L good for 640hp from the factory.

Screw you Kenne Bell and Whipple 🤣🤣🤣

This looks like a good book on supercharging:

Supercharging Performance Handbook

Amazon

https://youtu.be/LtBe7KQm9QU

From all the good things about the TVS thats the route I will be going. Just waiting on my 18Mo 0% card to come in the mail lol
I wonder why they dont offer the 2300 for the older 2004 6.0 but offer it for the newer 14+ 5.3 and 6.0 trucks. is it something to do with the newer head design and better airflow of the new engines?

Well I placed an order with Summit racing and they told me 10 business days to ship, that was 10 days ago today. I checked my email and my order was cancelled last night this is what they said. "We appreciate your recent order. Unfortunately, we have just been advised by the manufacturer that part number MPS-011959985BL was cancelled due to lack of inventory. Due to this new information, we will be unable to supply this part." Come on like they don't have the parts in stock to make a kit for a LS I highly doubt that. So I call Summit back and they tell me the order was cancelled because they didnt have my VIN# and they told me they sent an email asking for it but I never received that email even in my junk folder. So now they re-place the order and take my VIN number and tell me that I need to wait 10 business days again. WTF, so irritating. Mad I should have got the whipple...

Sucks that it's not going as it should but the issue is with Summit and hopefully the Maggie will put a smile on your face.

Yea it was Summits fault. first issue I have ever had with them in the 20+ years I have been ordering stuff from them, oh well.

Well after many weeks of waiting (Magnuson took over 4 weeks due to a backorder) I FINALLY have it on and running. I have to say overall I am happy with just having FI, it added a decent amount of power. Overall Kit quality was pretty good. Now on to the tune, I finally got my WBO2 hooked up and it seems a little lean, most likely because I have a CAI and a Cat back it runs between 12-12.4 AFR WOT so I havent been beating it too much. So I started looking in to the tune with efilive and they didnt change much as far as fueling, and the other thing that was concerning that I didn't think about till I started doing some data viewing is that they are using the OE 1bar map sensor Yuck So I have a 2bar on order and now will have to do some custom tuning.

I haven't been on here in a while nut logged on to see whats been going on and say hello.
I was curious how the fI is working for you. after tuning. I put an LSA blower on a 05 1500 5.3L silverado with a 8 rib belt setup with an 80e trans and made 15# of boost with the 90mm Tbody/ 12-13# with stock TB. it was still a pig down low rpm below 2k rpm. it may have been the tuning and/or just those damn LS motors with no low torque. I gave up, sold it and got a Duramax.

Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2